onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Fosse69

I expect a change for this despite our good run. 

Orient will be top 7 come end of season and this is a really tough game. We will definitely require more height at the back for this one so I would expect Martin to come into the team - if he's fit.

Should be an excellent match hopefully we can get a good crowd in, get VP bouncing with a win to attract more supporters to the following home games. 

Advert

1 hour ago, MBE said:

I expect a change for this despite our good run. 

Orient will be top 7 come end of season and this is a really tough game. We will definitely require more height at the back for this one so I would expect Martin to come into the team - if he's fit.

Should be an excellent match hopefully we can get a good crowd in, get VP bouncing with a win to attract more supporters to the following home games. 

Yes, we could have done with Leon for this one. Orient's centre forward is Harry Smith - 6' 5" with six goals in seven games this season. Not convinced by Martin's aerial ability so far, so it will be interesting to see what changes DC makes, if any. Our best chance will be to stop him getting any chances and closing down any service to him, which usually comes from Theo Archibald their 6'1" right winger - one for Gibbo and Jones methinks. Their other forward is Aaron Drinan who's also 6'1" and so far, think I'm right in saying their front three have scored 12 in 8 games.

Going to be a tough old game - UTV! 

Beaten by Harrogate at home and played a load of do-nothing also-rans. This is their first test against a top 7 side, but it’s not ours and we’ve slapped the heads off some already. They are the underdogs.

Maybe announce a deal if your a season ticket holder you can get two adult in for 30 (same applies to away fans etc ).
Pack the park bring along anyone you can and hopefully they got a big encouraging voices .
I'd thinking of the game sat make a few changes freshen it up .
Has Rodney done his 3 yet or his sat his last one ?.
I'd unleash Amoo on them at some point he scored the winner v them 2 seasons ago at home I believe .
Maybe a start for one of centre halfs also believe Smith's got a nasty head wound so no point making it worse so probably Martin to come in only if Smith doesn't make it .
All exciting though and another whole weeks preparations. 
Let's hope we have worked on getting Worrall and Gibbons in on there respective halfs .
Got a feeling J Proctors going get a hat trick for us in a game soon .
I think Garrity will be scoring a home goal soon also because he gets in there he is fast becoming the main man really rate him he is terrific a positive I'm going get in there player, not just get in the 3 sublime finishes at Swindon and Scunthorpe were worthy of winning both games they did the  proofs in the pudding .
How can any Vale supporter not be looking forwards to the games .
If no longer attend go and give them a go and give your hard earned to a club on the up ,good for the area is that both local teams are on the up .
UTV 
Pack the park...Get it trending

4 hours ago, CambridgeDon said:

Yes, we could have done with Leon for this one. Orient's centre forward is Harry Smith - 6' 5" with six goals in seven games this season. Not convinced by Martin's aerial ability so far, so it will be interesting to see what changes DC makes, if any. Our best chance will be to stop him getting any chances and closing down any service to him, which usually comes from Theo Archibald their 6'1" right winger - one for Gibbo and Jones methinks. Their other forward is Aaron Drinan who's also 6'1" and so far, think I'm right in saying their front three have scored 12 in 8 games.

We're facing players of this size every week nowadays.  That said, 6 goals in 7 games is not to be sniffed at.

I would much rather have 3 very mobile/comfortable centre halves who know and play this system very well rather than trying to accommodate Leon Legge (when he is fit) because of his height.

We are a decent size team anyway, having Legge back would be a step backwards imo, his ball control/touch was never really great - the guy was trying Cruyff turns (not as graceful as Jonsey) on the halfway line on multiple occasions last season.

I don't even think we need his leadership, probably the first name on the released list come the end of the season.

Bit harsh maybe but our current back line is the future, let Nathan lead and familiarise.

*Expecting a cagey 2-1 win on Saturday UTV

17 hours ago, CambridgeDon said:

I suppose the old mantra dont change a winning side applies. But hear what you are saying about their height and would be the game that suited Leons aerial strength. 

2 hours ago, Jermaine Holwynn said:

I would much rather have 3 very mobile/comfortable centre halves who know and play this system very well rather than trying to accommodate Leon Legge (when he is fit) because of his height.

We are a decent size team anyway, having Legge back would be a step backwards imo, his ball control/touch was never really great - the guy was trying Cruyff turns (not as graceful as Jonsey) on the halfway line on multiple occasions last season.

I don't even think we need his leadership, probably the first name on the released list come the end of the season.

Bit harsh maybe but our current back line is the future, let Nathan lead and familiarise.

*Expecting a cagey 2-1 win on Saturday UTV

We have, including me, dismissed Legge many times and he comes back to show he has something. 

He always seems able to hit the ground running and do a good basic job which many others have not been able to do. He won’t make a team much better, but crucially he won’t make it worse either.  

40 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

We have, including me, dismissed Legge many times and he comes back to show he has something. 

He always seems able to hit the ground running and do a good basic job which many others have not been able to do. He won’t make a team much better, but crucially he won’t make it worse either.  

Nippy mobile striker , not really Leons strength.  Traditional bruiser of a forward then meat and drink to Leon especially if its an aerial battle.

Archived