Booing your own players.. Political

WV

4 minutes ago, WV said:

Only a tiny amount of this country are paedophiles or murderers. Let's just leave them to it. It will never be eradicated so let's not bother trying...is what that sounds like. 

Paedophiles and murderers mostly go prison if caught taking the knee won’t wipe out racism boycotting the World Cup in Qatar ( which I would support) would be a huge gesture though but then agen we won’t do that will we 

• Like 1

no i would never protest against poppy wearers, because i was bought up to respect the poppy, and have learnt over my many years what those two generations and others have done for us especially given us free  speech...
But would you not be upset by people who protest against poppy wearers?

This country is one of the most multi cultural country’s in the world only a tiny percent of people from most cultures in this country are racist I know that’s still to many but you will never eradicate it totally so why  do we need players taking the knee before a football match 
Why boo making a reduction in racism demonstration then?

6 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
58 minutes ago, Davebrad said:
no i would never protest against poppy wearers, because i was bought up to respect the poppy, and have learnt over my many years what those two generations and others have done for us especially given us free  speech...

i answered this 9 posts ago (page 8,)

Just been watching Midlands Today.  Item showing the dreadful discrimination and hate perpetrated by some people against the gay community in Birmingham.  But we shouldn't demonstrate against discrimination by kneeling for a few seconds apparently.

17 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Just been watching Midlands Today.  Item showing the dreadful discrimination and hate perpetrated by some people against the gay community in Birmingham.  But we shouldn't demonstrate against discrimination by kneeling for a few seconds apparently.

Great timing that was for a live report with explicit chanting for the duration. Comedy gold moment followed by an apology from Mary Rhodes. 

24 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Its only a minority so we probably shouldn't bother trying to do anything about it. 

23 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

i've never said you shouldn't demonstrate against discrimination, but respect my right to show my feelings about the way the players are doing it...

15 hours ago, Fosse69 said:
16 hours ago, Davebrad said:

Personally no.

I haven't worn a poppy for over 50 years, I wouldn't moan about it because it's their choice. As long as they are not breaking the law. Isn't that why people died? Isn't that part of what the poppy represents?

16 hours ago, WV said:

Disagreement with what though? People are making up reasons to be upset by this stance. It has been stated many times that it is not a political statement. 

I guess the same people would be ok with people booing the wearing of the poppy? I wonder what their thoughts were on James McLean. Would be interesting to bring that thread back and see some hypocrisy 

They seem to disagree with people taking the knee at a football match.

If their were racist chants coming from either side I would support whole heartedly the team walking off en mass. They won't and the league wouldn't support them if they did.

If the national teams pulled out of the world cup I would support that, but the money is to important, far more important than any discrimination.

If the police were prosecuted when they discriminate, I would support that, instead of slipping out the back door by resigning, but keeping their pensions followed by a disciplinary panel that can't do anything.

Those would be statements against discrimination that would be noticed. They would cause waves that couldn't be ignored

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, geosname said:

If their were racist chants coming from either side I would support whole heartedly the team walking off en mass. They won't and the league wouldn't support them if they did.

If the national teams pulled out of the world cup I would support that, but the money is to important, far more important than any discrimination.

If the police were prosecuted when they discriminate, I would support that, instead of slipping out the back door by resigning, but keeping their pensions followed by a disciplinary panel that can't do anything.

Those would be statements against discrimination that would be noticed. They would cause waves that couldn't be ignored

Anything connected with football and the middle east seems to get ignored for some reason?

On 13/10/2021 at 15:46, mr.hobblesworth said:

Yep, all these Hungary fans are marching against hypocrisy.

But some of them might be and some of them might not agree with the BLM organization and its aims but someone so obsessed with racism such as yourself only sees through the lens of racism.

I should have used the words "Some people" in my post.