Booing your own players.. Political

WV

19 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

If you don’t believe in taking the knee then you must believe in discrimination in all its forms?  

Why? That doesn't make any sense at all.

I don't believe in taking the knee but I respect people's right to do it.

Taking the knee means subservience to me, I wouldn't do it.

5 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
55 minutes ago, Davebrad said:
the act of taking the knee at my visit to the match i'm at, if i wanted a political stance i would go to a political meeting, you might say well turn your back or go outside whilst its been done. But no i;m there to enjoy and hopefully watch the Vale win, not have something i don't believe in being in my face... my only legal recourse is to boo.
  Why don't those who want to take the knee go on the car park, or in Burslem park,they would still be showing there support, why on the pitch to a captive audience, who don't all support their action?.

Why should a very small minority dictate to a national football demonstration?

no not dictate, just show their disapproval...

5 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
55 minutes ago, Davebrad said:
the act of taking the knee at my visit to the match i'm at, if i wanted a political stance i would go to a political meeting, you might say well turn your back or go outside whilst its been done. But no i;m there to enjoy and hopefully watch the Vale win, not have something i don't believe in being in my face... my only legal recourse is to boo.
  Why don't those who want to take the knee go on the car park, or in Burslem park,they would still be showing there support, why on the pitch to a captive audience, who don't all support their action?.

Why should a very small minority dictate to a national football demonstration?

I don't think anyone has said they can't, take the knee. I think people are voicing there disagreement. If anyone is dictating it's the people who say they can't show disagreement. 

2 minutes ago, geosname said:

I don't think anyone has said they can't, take the knee. I think people are voicing there disagreement. If anyone is dictating it's the people who say they can't show disagreement. 

Disagreement with what though? People are making up reasons to be upset by this stance. It has been stated many times that it is not a political statement. 

I guess the same people would be ok with people booing the wearing of the poppy? I wonder what their thoughts were on James McLean. Would be interesting to bring that thread back and see some hypocrisy 

14 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
1 hour ago, Davebrad said:
and if your view is in a the minority, can you not speak up and protest your difference?... or is this a dictatorship.

What are you protesting against? Do you protest against Poppy wearers because communist Russians fought along side us?

no i would never protest against poppy wearers, because i was bought up to respect the poppy, and have learnt over my many years what those two generations and others have done for us especially given us free  speech...

1 minute ago, Davebrad said:

no i would never protest against poppy wearers, because i was bought up to respect the poppy, and have learnt over my many years what those two generations and others have done for us especially given us free  speech...

When you say free speech do you mean the freedom to boo because you don’t support a gesture against discrimination?  Do you mean the freedom to support discrimination in all its forms?  

9 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I still don’t get it. How would you show your objection to discrimination then?  Or don’t you object to it?

i would not show a blanket coverage objection of discrimination as i could not possibly know all the details, as any coverage on tv is biased by the channel/reporter. any i saw personally then i would report it...

25 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

Would you be upset if someone was to boo the poppy wearers pre game? I was brought up to be against discrimination in all forms hence why I wouldn't boo someone making a stand against racism. 

Edited by WV

19 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

When you say free speech do you mean the freedom to boo because you don’t support a gesture against discrimination?  Do you mean the freedom to support discrimination in all its forms?  

both... or is this the old "have you stopped beating your wife" question?

Just now, Davebrad said:

not the wearers, but the disrespecting of the poppy and what it stands for, wouldn't everyone?

Just wondered, some people might think differently to you but you would have to be ok with them making their stand, wouldn't you? You know, James McClean for one. I am sure you didn't slag him off in the thread about him refusing to wear a poppy did you? 

Edited by WV

25 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

This country is one of the most multi cultural country’s in the world only a tiny percent of people from most cultures in this country are racist I know that’s still to many but you will never eradicate it totally so why  do we need players taking the knee before a football match 

1 minute ago, Coyney Valiant said:

This country is one of the most multi cultural country’s in the world only a tiny percent of people from most cultures in this country are racist I know that’s still to many but you will never eradicate it totally so why  do we need players taking the knee before a football match 

Only a tiny amount of this country are paedophiles or murderers. Let's just leave them to it. It will never be eradicated so let's not bother trying...is what that sounds like.