Booing your own players.. Political

WV

1 hour ago, Davebrad said:
here you go again, damning everyone who does not agree with you, i follow my conviction and my right to protest what i don't believe, taking the knee/ black lives matter  has been taken over politically... i've said before i go to the Vale to support my team before during and after a match, but my protest is the 10 seconds my team  take their action,, because i disagree with them.

Fair enough, that's your opinion. Boo away, just like the thugs at Wembley last night, and the boneheads who booed the English team taking the knee throughout the Euros. They're the people you choose to side with, fill your boots.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

It has been explained so many times that taking the knee by our players is and anti-discrimination gesture.  It's not just about fighting racism it is about anti-discrimination in all its forms. 

I'm not sure that's actually true, is it? I'm too full of cold to properly delve in to it but first thing I saw when googling said

“Fans who turn up to support the England team and make their first act after the referee’s whistle booing their own team’s stance against racism, should be ashamed of themselves,” FSA chief executive Kevin Miles said.

I always believed it was explicitly anti-racism.

19 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I'm not sure that's actually true, is it? I'm too full of cold to properly delve in to it but first thing I saw when googling said

I always believed it was explicitly anti-racism.

Following a fantastic summer of international football, our excitement for the return of our domestic competitions must be matched by our resolve to stand together against racism and all forms of discrimination. There is no place in football or society for any form of prejudice and while there have been strides made across our game, recent events have reminded us there is still much work to be done.“

35 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Fair enough, that's your opinion. Boo away, just like the thugs at Wembley last night, and the boneheads who booed the English team taking the knee throughout the Euros. They're the people you choose to side with, fill your boots.

there you go again, calling people names who don't go along with what you say, 

you really should get help...

14 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Following a fantastic summer of international football, our excitement for the return of our domestic competitions must be matched by our resolve to stand together against racism and all forms of discrimination. There is no place in football or society for any form of prejudice and while there have been strides made across our game, recent events have reminded us there is still much work to be done.“

well thats it then, if the EFL agrees, it must be true...

give me strength.

1 hour ago, Davebrad said:

well thats it then, if the EFL agrees, it must be true...

give me strength.

I was responding to Mr hobblesworth's post in which he said he hadn't seen any reference to the gesture being against all forms of discrimination.

With regard to your second comment, can I suggest you join a gym?

Edited by Jacko51

3 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Taking the knee is currently strongly associated with Colin kaepernick and/or the Black Live Matter movement, the former disrespectful to a country that has provided him with an opportunity to make a life for himself which is way beyond what most people could envisage 

It may have afforded Kaepernick an opportunity based on his athleticism and talent in sport and no doubt hard work but he is protesting that on a whole the black community aren't offered the same opportunities as the white communities are. 

That on top of the way black males are treated by the police in America is why BLM exists.

Edited by WV

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

It has been explained so many times that taking the knee by our players is and anti-discrimination gesture.  It's not just about fighting racism it is about anti-discrimination in all its forms.  It's nothing to do with BLM and I can't understand why people can't get their heads around that.

Can anyone tell me what this has to do with the movement known as Black Lives Matter? 

Perhaps what taking the knee means to Vale players is different to what it means to other clubs' players and to what it means to Hungary fans. Hence my point about having a gesture other than taking the knee if football players in general feel they need to protest racism.

Because the knee used on George Floyd was "adopted" by BLM and became a feature in their protests.  This GF/BLM scenario led to the expansion of the BLM movement/protests around the globe.

13 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Taking the knee is currently strongly associated with Colin kaepernick and/or the Black Live Matter movement, the former disrespectful to a country that has provided him with an opportunity to make a life for himself

Surely he did that by being one of the 0.0001% best of his generation at American Football?

I hate this idea that you can't criticise things your country is doing if you, as an individual and due to exceptional talent, luck, and hard work, have done well. It's nonsensical and a very easy tactic to stop people with platforms offering criticism. You're not allowed to sympathise with the plight of your fellow citizen if you're lucky enough to have succeeded. Daft.

Edited by Joe B

9 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Perhaps what taking the knee means to Vale players is different to what it means to other clubs' players and to what it means to Hungary fans. Hence my point about having a gesture other than taking the knee if football players in general feel they need to protest racism.

Because the knee used on George Floyd was "adopted" by BLM and became a feature in their protests.  This GF/BLM scenario led to the expansion of the BLM movement/protests around the globe.

Did you read the link to the EFL post referring to all clubs, not just Vale???  Taking the knee here is NOT a sign of support for BLM. 

Always enjoy people saying "what was/is wrong with Kick It Out?"

469640708_Screenshot2021-10-14at09_14_32.thumb.png.8f75988f468f185ae87eb8232c1ac574.png

If people want to tie the knee specifically to the founders of 'Black Lives Matter' in order to disagree with it, that's fine.

It's a decades old symbol of highlighting injustice which has happened to be utilised by a group who were founded by 4 people with controversial views.

I honestly don't think the Port Vale players agree with those views. They're not happy about racism. Therefore, booing seems futile.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I was responding to Mr hobblesworth's post in which he said he hadn't seen any reference to the gesture being against all forms of discrimination.

With regard to your second comment, can I suggest you join a gym?

it wouldn't help, i'm too far gone...

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Did you read the link to the EFL post referring to all clubs, not just Vale???  Taking the knee here is NOT a sign of support for BLM. 

they or anyone can say this or that is not a sign of support for this or that, its how it is perceived by individuals... rightly or wrongly.

ie  the swastika,  a good luck charm for a thousand years, until....