Booing your own players.. Political

WV

2 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

We’re talking about the present now. Try to keep up. 

Martin Luther king isn't present.

Taking the knee can mean many things. Just because people tell you what it means to them, or what they think it should mean, doesn't make it so.

The Nazi salute wasn't original, it was first used by Olympians I think.

Forming an O with your thumb and forefinger and extending the other three is accepted as a sign for O.K........ I think it's Brazil where it means something entirely different and offensive.

Nodding your head in Bulgaria means NO....... shaking it means YES.

13 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

The taking of the knee originates with NFL player Colin Kaepernick, who has made millions from it. He’s lucky , because he can’t play worth a ****. When he jumped off the cliff , the rest of the sheep followed. 

Kaepernick was pretty good. Made the SuperBowl once and narrowly lost, 2 NFC Champ games, 72-30 TD INT, 2,000 rushing yards, won more games than he lost. He was certainly better than a lot of the backups and a few starters in the year he stopped playing (2017).

I know you have your political views and I cba to argue with them but Kaepernick wasn't a bad QB at all. 

• Like 1

Just catching up on the posts...let me make it clear. I support my team before during and after our matches...i boo to show my disapproval of their action of 10/15 seconds which i see as a political gesture...as to how the players feel they by now know not everyone agrees with that gesture...and the booing is against the kneeling and not them as players or team...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Davebrad said:

Just catching up on the posts...let me make it clear. I support my team before during and after our matches...i boo to show my disapproval of their action of 10/15 seconds which i see as a political gesture...as to how the players feel they by now know not everyone agrees with that gesture...and the booing is against the kneeling and not them as players or team...

Do you disapprove of a gesture against all forms of discrimination?

9 hours ago, Davebrad said:

Footballers may not see it as a political gesture, just basic humanity treating everyone in a fair manner.

• Like 1

Footballers are not the sharpest tools in the box. 
I am commenting about football in the UK, a simple gesture of humanity, not weighed down with US politics. Although some would like it to be in the UK. When we have footballers commanding more respect than leading politicians what does that tell us?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

I am commenting about football in the UK, a simple gesture of humanity, not weighed down with US politics. Although some would like it to be in the UK. When we have footballers commanding more respect than leading politicians what does that tell us?

I’m commenting about football in general. Nothing political about it at all. Beckham was asked one time about what was needed to win a particular match when he was at Man Utd. He said “ If they score one , then we have to score 2”  Of course , with you lot , it’s always America’s fault , and any opportunity to knock this great country is taken. But , as they say in Texas , we could give a rat’s ass. 🤣. Get your own country in order first , before throwing stones. Oops , I just got political. 🤣🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Edited by Houston Valiant

2 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

I’m commenting about football in general. Nothing political about it at all. Beckham was asked one time about what was needed to win a particular match when he was at Man Utd. He said “ If they score one , then we have to score 2”  Of course , with you lot , it’s always America’s fault , and any opportunity to knock this great country is taken. But , as they say in Texas , we could give a rat’s ass. 🤣. Get your own country in order first , before throwing stones. Oops , I just got political. 🤣🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Trump was asked what is a cure for covid and he said bleach. So much brighter than footballers...Boris said he would shake hands with covid patients...look where it got him. I think the English are much brighter than the yanks. 'Get your own country in order' amazing statement from someone who lives in a country where black people are marginalised and if you are unlucky enough to be ill yoi get a bill that can ruin your life. 

It seems to be a simple problem made difficult by a third party.

We have one group making a gesture, for whatever reason, on the pitch...... nothing wrong with that.

We have another group making a gesture from the stands.... nothing wrong with that.

The third party seem to be saying one group don't have a right to make their gesture. Let's call them the sideliners,. The sideliners don't agree with one group enough to join in with their gesture but disagree with the other group so much they want them shut down.

The solution...... let both groups make their gesture.

We could complicate matters by saying the sideliners are making a gesture but that entails other groups being involved, making gestures against the gestures of a gesture.