Booing your own players.. Political

WV

25 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Ok, I'll stop. We won't agree.

I will say though, mate, that your complete and total hatred of 'The Left' as a homogenous, evil entity, and some of the theories you come out with recently are a bit concerning. I'm not saying you're wrong with everything, and I enjoy debate, but there has been an increasing tendency in your posts to display absolute vitriol to the left and make a few references/terms/theories that I know are from certain online figures and forums (I had a friend go down the same rabbit hole). This thread alone is full of them.

Would recommend you take a step back from the content you consume and see if your views soften. Your political views are up to you but I don't think your current worldview is a massively healthy one. 

I have never agreed politically with RB but always found his posts coherent and worth reading to discover an alternative viewpoint logically argued.

But his posts have become a bit weird recently. Can we have the old RB back please?

On 27/10/2021 at 13:36, Joe B said:

Ok, I'll stop. We won't agree.

I will say though, mate, that your complete and total hatred of 'The Left' as a homogenous, evil entity, and some of the theories you come out with recently are a bit concerning. I'm not saying you're wrong with everything, and I enjoy debate, but there has been an increasing tendency in your posts to display absolute vitriol to the left and make a few references/terms/theories that I know are from certain online figures and forums (I had a friend go down the same rabbit hole). This thread alone is full of them.

Would recommend you take a step back from the content you consume and see if your views soften. Your political views are up to you but I don't think your current worldview is a massively healthy one. 

On 26/10/2021 at 06:36, Joe B said:

Jordan Peterson argues that it is still unclear whether women and men can share a workplace, and that women who wear makeup in the workplace are sexualising themselves.

He also said this:

When asked if he believes wearing makeup or high heels “contributes to sexual harassment in the work place” and renders sexual harassment “more likely,” Peterson responds: “Sure it contributes” (though, when later asked once again if these things “contribute to sexual harassment in the work place,” Peterson replied “I don’t know”). The interviewer then asks Peterson if he felt that “a serious woman who does not want sexual harassment in the work place…[but] “who wears makeup …is being somewhat hypocritical?” Peterson’s response is blunt. “Yeah, I do think that. I don’t see how you could not think that. It’s like, makeup is sexual display. That’s what it’s for!”

The man talks absolute nonsense and uses massive words/over-elaborate concepts to cover up both basic advice (make your bed! take your medicine!) alongside highly conservative views.

When you argue that wearing makeup and not wanting to be sexually harassed are hypocritical standpoints, you deserve lambasting. 

The interview itself is his one with Vice, and watching it in full doesn't make his points any better in context. He says exactly what I've put above.

You should stop Joe as you've completely misunderstood what Peterson is saying in this  exchange. He is playing Devil's Advocate and being deliberately provocative in asking difficult, contentious questions, that's usually his style. He often challenges wokeness, political correctness and the status quo etc in this way to provoke thought.

You talk about displaying hate and vitriol to the left but that's exactly what you do to people on the right, even more so as evinced by claiming Peterson Is on the far side of the conservative spectrum" which he is not IMHO. 

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

edited bc cba

As someone who regularly agrees with a high percentage of your posts,I think you should stop knocking on the doors of empty houses... debate will never change a thing with conservative minded people.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Aguar61 said:

As someone who regularly agrees with a high percentage of your posts, I think you should stop knocking on the doors of empty houses... debate will never change a thing with conservative minded people.

I have to say that if you knock on peoples doors and suggest that their views are abhorrent (with little to back it up) it is probably not a good place to start a debate, if you want to try and move their position.

I fear that we are going to end up in a world where debate is lost and we all sit in our separate meeting rooms having discussions with people who agree with us, on a high percentage of issues, and stating that anyone who believes differently is wrong/evil/closed minded.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

I have to say that if you knock on peoples doors and suggest that their views are abhorrent (with little to back it up) it is probably not a good place to start a debate, if you want to try and move their position.

I fear that we are going to end up in a world where debate is lost and we all sit in our separate meeting rooms having discussions with people who agree with us, on a high percentage of issues, and stating that anyone who believes differently is wrong/evil/closed minded.

Totally agree if we look at who's agreed with your post...

2 hours ago, Aguar61 said:

Totally agree if we look at who's agreed with your post...

I don't know any of those people and, on that basis, I'm honestly struggling to understand if you agree or not.

Are you saying that you only agree with people that you would normally agree with on a high percentage of issues, and you don't normally agree with the people who have liked my post (who I don't know) and therefore you cannot agree with me?