Booing your own players.. Political

WV

35 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I'm not upset. I just don't think that a gesture that, in recent history, was used by black people to explicitly show they were against racism, should be changed by others, especially a majority of whom are relatively privileged white people. If people came along and said that, I dunno, the poppy was now to show respect not just for those killed in wars but also for refugees who have died fleeing from wars, I would imagine that the Royal Legion might say 'hang on a minute'.

For years I refused to wear a poppy because it said Haig Fund on the front.

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Doesn't look like a sense of humour is your forte!

Horses for courses....

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

The EFL statement was published on 4 August the week before the season started.

Don't wish to perpetuate this but last season (2020/21) taking the knee was associated with BLM as Kyle Taylor stopped taking the knee around Jan/Feb 2021, his reason being that BLM was a Marxist group etc. 

I wasn't aware of the EFL Statement of the 4th August until about 3 weeks ago.

Perhaps other football fans, particularly those outside the UK, who boo the gesture aren't aware of it either.

34 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Horses for courses....

Don't wish to perpetuate this but last season (2020/21) taking the knee was associated with BLM as Kyle Taylor stopped taking the knee around Jan/Feb 2021, his reason being that BLM was a Marxist group etc. 

I wasn't aware of the EFL Statement of the 4th August until about 3 weeks ago.

Perhaps other football fans, particularly those outside the UK, who boo the gesture aren't aware of it either.

I think you mean Lyle Taylor of Forest. Kyle Taylor is a midfielder at Exeter. Lyle said clearly when he decided not to take the knee that he supported the message but not the organisation. I have no problem with that. Players are free to make whatever choice they wish with regard to taking the knee. Lyle said he supported the message that black lives matter but not the political organisation. He supports action against discrimination. I would not dream of booing him for not taking the knee, that’s why I can’t understand people booing those who do. 

On 12/10/2021 at 13:26, Joe B said:

You're deep into the rabbit hole at this stage, mate. This is too rambling/confusing of a post/argument to properly deal with as you leap from theory to theory. You seem to think that 'racism' is created by anti-racist movements/people in order to profit? If that's your opinion, that's fine, but its not a theory I can be bothered to delve into over my lunch.

I haven't accused those booing of racism, just confusing as to why they feel the need; pointlessness isn't enough, and I simply can't see a concrete link between Marxism/Critical Race Theory and what Port Vale players do pre-game. I suppose if they subscribe to your theory of concocted racism for profit/division, then sure, but I simply don't agree with it. If your argument is that it causes division, then the only people being divided by it are those booing it, which brings us back to square one; why?

It is quite a rabbit hole, you are right about that. Once you start to see the lies, you cannot unsee them. 

It seems we just disagree with each other, and that is fine. The founders of CRT and BLM are self confessed marxists. It's no coincidence in my view. The irony being that Marx was a huge racist who advocated a slave class made up of....I think we can guess....but then again when has a marxist ever made any sense at all?

On 20/10/2021 at 19:23, Jacko51 said:

I think you mean Lyle Taylor of Forest. Kyle Taylor is a midfielder at Exeter. Lyle said clearly when he decided not to take the knee that he supported the message but not the organisation. I have no problem with that. Players are free to make whatever choice they wish with regard to taking the knee. Lyle said he supported the message that black lives matter but not the political organisation. He supports action against discrimination. I would not dream of booing him for not taking the knee, that’s why I can’t understand people booing those who do. 

That's great Jacko and 99.9% of people would agree with you.

But the other side of the coin is, that there are people in this thread calling those that oppose the gesture, scum and racist. So unfortunately not everyone is as reasonable as you or I.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

That's great Jacko and 99.9% of people would agree with you.

But the other side of the coin is, that there are people in this thread calling those that oppose the gesture, scum and racist. So unfortunately not everyone is as reasonable as you or I.

Part of the other side of the coin is that the association of the BLM movement and taking the knee is a worldwide phenomena and people around the world and even in the England may not be aware of the EFL Statement of 4th August, redefining the taking of the knee in English football as an anti-discrimination stance.   

The vast majority of people support the anti-discrimination stance but BLM have shown themselves to be a dubious organization at best.

15 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Part of the other side of the coin is that the association of the BLM movement and taking the knee is a worldwide phenomena and people around the world and even in the England may not be aware of the EFL Statement of 4th August, redefining the taking of the knee in English football as an anti-discrimination stance.   

The vast majority of people support the anti-discrimination stance but BLM have shown themselves to be a dubious organization at best.

Correct Paul. It's a bit of a joke to just try and redefine it. The message is completely hijacked as proven by the desperation of people to say "oh but it's the message not the movement".

Also, we don't have any gestures for anything else, which is weird. You may have a mental health awareness day but nothing that has genuinely changed the rules of football. It's actually part of the game now, the referee blows his whistle to start the match and everyone takes a knee. It's quite silly when you think about it.

And dubious at best...yeah you've been a bit generous there, BLM supporters have murdered people for their cause. There's a word for that though it has also been recently "redefined"

On 13/10/2021 at 22:54, WV said:

It may have afforded Kaepernick an opportunity based on his athleticism and talent in sport and no doubt hard work but he is protesting that on a whole the black community aren't offered the same opportunities as the white communities are. 

That on top of the way black males are treated by the police in America is why BLM exists.

The way black males are purported as being treated by police in America, is why BLM exists*

And as for your first line - do you have any examples of opportunities not being offered to black people that are offered to white people?

41 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

The way black males are purported as being treated by police in America, is why BLM exists*

And as for your first line - do you have any examples of opportunities not being offered to black people that are offered to white people?

Just look around you 

or actually, yes you are correct, the world is completely fair for black people in America. Whats all the fuss about? 

Edited by WV

11 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Seeing as someone decided to delete my initial post, I'll repost along with an explanation for dummies. Any mod fancy giving an explanation why it was deleted? Thought not. 

The reason I called the people opposing the gesture (ie the Hungarian fans) 'scum' and 'racist' is because they are racist scum. If you care to read the post that was being referred to, I was talking about the Hungary fans who booed the taking of the knee, not any specific poster on here. In the now-deleted post I pointed out that the Hungary fans have actually been kicked out of their stadium for 3 games, specifically because of racism. So, rather than calling some Vale fan who booed the knee 'racist' or 'scum', I was referring to the people taking the same stand as him. The link I posted above explains in more detail how vile the Hungarian ultras (the ones who were booing the knee recently) are. No rule broken, absolutely no reason to delete, but there you go. No surprise. Absolutely <ovf censored> pathetic.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

So, rather than calling some Vale fan who booed the knee

"Fan" is someone who supports the team. You don't boo our Port Vale players before they've kicked a ball whether you agree with the knee or not. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

When does the very smart older white man start talking? I could only hear Jordan Peterson.

That was the very smart black woman’s starting point. I find Peterson someone I possibly disagree with more often than not but when he’s involved in a collegiate discussion or debate with someone smart I find it a very useful way of examining my own echo chamber to be honest. I’m not a fan of some of his lecture tour stuff where he can lapse into narcicisstic tribal language about “the radical left”, all the same he usually challenges me and makes me think which I like. Not that I’d classify this particular clip as a debate really.

• Like 1

On 22/10/2021 at 23:36, mr.hobblesworth said:

Seeing as someone decided to delete my initial post, I'll repost along with an explanation for dummies. Any mod fancy giving an explanation why it was deleted? Thought not. 

The reason I called the people opposing the gesture (ie the Hungarian fans) 'scum' and 'racist' is because they are racist scum. If you care to read the post that was being referred to, I was talking about the Hungary fans who booed the taking of the knee, not any specific poster on here. In the now-deleted post I pointed out that the Hungary fans have actually been kicked out of their stadium for 3 games, specifically because of racism. So, rather than calling some Vale fan who booed the knee 'racist' or 'scum', I was referring to the people taking the same stand as him. The link I posted above explains in more detail how vile the Hungarian ultras (the ones who were booing the knee recently) are. No rule broken, absolutely no reason to delete, but there you go. No surprise. Absolutely <ovf censored> pathetic.

Geo all day 

• Like 1