Jimmy Greaves Dies aged 81

England's greatest ever goalscorer, despite the fact that he's only 4th in the actual goals list.

He was before my time, but I've seen plenty of footage of him and his goals-to-games stats, season-on-season are incredible.

RIP Greavsie.

Edited by The Kalamazoo Kid

That's saddened me.

Greaves was one of the greatest goalscorers I've had the privilege of watching live. Spurs fans will be heartbroken.

One of England's greats and a nice fella to boot.

He'd been unwell for some time but it's still a shock.

I doubt I'll see a better English striker in my lifetime. A truly brilliant player who came alive in the box, was two footed, and electric over a few yards.

Wonderful memories. RIP Jimmy.

• Like 2

Lucky enough to have seen him play and also seen him in the theatre doing his "evening with Jimmy Greaves" show. He was a brilliant footballer and not far behind as a comedian. His footballing anecdotes were hilarious and delivered with great comic timing.

RIP Greavsie. 

His goal scoring record stands for itself but never saw much of him 'cause there was only two games of footie on the box a week in his day and one of those had to feature a team from the Northwest. Always enjoyed "On the Ball" with Saint and Greavesie, he was much revered by most English football fans. Sad.