onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lucas Covolan

Jacko51

Advert

Without wishing to curse the guy, his handling has been impeccable. What I would say though is that he’s going to have to be very careful with the ball at his feet on our pitch once the weather turns, although I’ll admit that I’ve no idea of the general condition of pitches in the league below, so it may not be an issue.  Not long before we find out.

Killed the Swindon game by having a rayt nice sit down when a player blocked his kick.

Caught by a sniper when Diamond challenged him yesterday.

Hartlepool fans still hate him based on a game they won 6 months ago.

This is the sort of character we need. Everyone hates him apart from us. Prowls about 40 yards from net absolutely loving his life. 

Cult hero potential if he cuts out the daft nonsense.

We simply have to have a chant/orchestrated Samba routine in place for Hartlepool.

32 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Killed the Swindon game by having a rayt nice sit down when a player blocked his kick.

Caught by a sniper when Diamond challenged him yesterday.

Hartlepool fans still hate him based on a game they won 6 months ago.

This is the sort of character we need. Everyone hates him apart from us. Prowls about 40 yards from net absolutely loving his life. 

Cult hero potential if he cuts out the daft nonsense.

We simply have to have a chant/orchestrated Samba routine in place for Hartlepool.

You missed knocking out Beesley - a new defensive tactic in clearing your lines 😲 

Really enjoy videos like that whatever the sport. He comes across as a real likeable person who's worked hard to get where he is so best of luck to the guy. His handling/shot stopping look good and Vale have obviously been working with him on his decision making when the ball is at his feet and it looks like it's improving already. My sense tells me he's gonna make a mistake trying to be Gerson that's gonna cost Vale a goal but by then the team will owe him quite a few and hopefully it won't matter.

I think a possible reason for people hating on Covolan is that there's a perception that Brown was treated unfairly. This isn't the thread for the rights or wrongs of that but if there's a cloud over the release of a popular player then his successor will (unfairly) get some of the flak for that. That's probably even more the case for a keeper when it's a 1:1 swap.

Just now, mr.hobblesworth said:

I think a possible reason for people hating on Covolan is that there's a perception that Brown was treated unfairly. This isn't the thread for the rights or wrongs of that but if there's a cloud over the release of a popular player then his successor will (unfairly) get some of the flak for that. That's probably even more the case for a keeper when it's a 1:1 swap.

yeah could be a bit of that, but damn he is hard not to love 🙂 - and to be honest the whingers seem to be fading into the background a bit now

13 hours ago, Doha said:

I cannot emphasise enough how vitally important it is that this 12ft flag gets waved about at Hartlepool away. Vital.

Untitled-2.thumb.png.0535613e4383507ef116e64b41e037c0.png

if we could get one of him in a vale shirt, i'd happily contribute to a big version of this for Hartlepool away/over some seats in the bycars

I have to say I was one of the doubters after his first few games, he absolutely terrified me.

However, he seems to have settle since those earlier setbacks/jitters, and is impressing me more and more every game. I think a lot of people will be won round, we just arent used to have a goalkeeper that does the things he does, but 4 clean sheets in 8 is not to be sniffed at. That coupled with the tv interview Saturday, I can feel a serious man-crush developing!

Archived