Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

If you look at the current league table, doesn’t that vindicate Clarke’s actions 

Careful, your at risk of making his argument for him. He gives us plenty to ridicule lets not use one of the few points that back him up.

20-21.png

current.png

Edited by wotsyobeef

Am I reading that because Orient are more of a name than FGR or Harrogate that tomorrow is our biggest test ?

I certainly don't buy that . FGR were flying when we clipped their wings. And also put in the mix Swindon were in the top 4 and our record there. 

Yes I'm expecting a tough game but I'm not sure how tomorrow is our toughest test to date . 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

Careful, your at risk of making his argument for him. He gives us plenty to ridicule lets not use one of the few points that back him up.

20-21.png

current.png

We won our next game too but then went on a 5 game losing streak, ending it with the 6-3 away at Bolton.  6 further games resulted in no wins so it got pretty bad soon after.

On 30/09/2021 at 12:39, Rampant Zebra said:

Not at all, I just question the need for so many changes, not to help me identify the players but to provide continuity and team spirit. It is rare for a manager to be given so much scope to make wholesale changes in a squad and I am not convinced it is that beneficial to the team. Guess we will find out by May. 

It was quite obvious that at many times last season that team spirit was almost non existent. You are trying to justify your dislike of Clarke with reasons that have no foundation. Team morale and spirit seem to be at a premium this season. You are digging a hole that you are never going to get out of or just arguing for the sake of it.

On 28/09/2021 at 18:56, mbycars said:

That is total twaddle, we managed to find all our new players at short notice. The released players were some of the earliest released players in all the leagues, so they have had more chance to find other clubs. They haven't because they aren't good enough. The few that have found other league clubs are now just bench warmers or not in the matchday squads. If you don't recognise our new players now after 11 games then you need glasses or have not watched any games. which one is it?

I think you might find that a lot of deals are arranged well before the end of the season. 

6 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I think you might find that a lot of deals are arranged well before the end of the season. 

I think you might find you've got yourself in a pit you can't get out of.

• Haha 1