Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Port Vale

Fosse69

26 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

This threads quickly descended into an attention seeking farce. Luckily I don’t see most of the rubbish unless someone quotes it. 

Agreed,if we win he never talks about the game or which players stood out etc or if the manager outwitted his opponent,what he does do is say something that draws attention to himself(I hold my hands up for getting dragged into it and i apologise),one thing is for sure we all know he cant wait for us to lose a couple of games on the trot

Must be pretty lonely to sit there giggling to himself when we get dragged in

Edited by werstayinup
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

If we get promotion I will gladly admit that I was wrong as we party in the s

treets of Burslem. I might even recognize most of the players by then. 🙂

You'd quickly recognise the players if you attended the games, even I've managed to do it, though I still miss seeing Andy Jones banging them in. 

5 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Does anyone actually recognise league 2 players ? 

I'm baffled by that analogy .

As for short notice for ex squad players, they were all released very immediately in May. They and their agents had plenty of time to stoke a few fires . 

I can't believe I've risen to the bait. I need to stop. 

An unbelievable post 

Darren I feel your pain 😂 - we know........ WE KNOW we have at last got a club and team to be proud of, lets enjoy it -

However, Im concerned about Lucas - I hope he has made a full recovery from his devastating hamstring "tear" in the 85th minute on Saturday 😁 - Long live the Lucas

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

Darren I feel your pain 😂 - we know........ WE KNOW we have at last got a club and team to be proud of, lets enjoy it -

However, Im concerned about Lucas - I hope he has made a full recovery from his devastating hamstring "tear" in the 85th minute on Saturday 😁 - Long live the Lucas

I love the Vale , and it’s great to be near the top , even at this early stage, but that was embarrassing on Saturday from Covolan, in my opinion. 

Edited by Houston Valiant
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I am pleased that we won but it hasn't changed my opinion of DC. 

I don't care! Dragging that begrudging "...pleased that we won..." was worth all the pain of having to read your irrational and nonsensical doom and gloom posts. You might even be a Vale fan, after all? 

11 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Enjoy it while it lasts, I think the wheels will come off and DC will implode but as you say, I am usually wrong. 

Do you honestly have any valid reasons to think that? What have you seen about the team climbing to 4th place that makes you think they will "do an Askey" and plummet down the League? Despite DC not having all his first-teamers fit and available; and almost 100% of their replacements playing better than the deadwood we shipped out? Or is it just your irrational loathing of DC?

52 minutes ago, Houston Valiant said:

I love the Vale , and it’s great to be near the top , even at this early stage, but that was embarrassing on Saturday from Covolan, in my opinion. 

My opinion as well, I know a number of teams do it but doesn't make it right and spoils the game.  Lots of people will come on here moaning about teams wasting time in games to come and shouting all kinds of abuse when we do it.  It worked on Saturday as they were on top at the time but supporters should think before booing next time opposition does it we are just as guilty.  Anyway looking forward to Orient on Saturday, finally started looking forward to going again.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

Was absolutely world class. It puts him objectively second in Vale's all time legend list, pipped by Roy Sproson. He's one of the greatest keepers we've ever had. 

• Like 1

Problem for RZ is that he went a bit far/obsessive in his criticism of DC, and now can't back down. He wants Vale to do well but he also knows every win makes him look a bit silly, so he's a bit torn at present.

He isn't daft enough to want Vale to lose, but can't enjoy it properly as he's spent 6 months very insistently saying it wasn't going to happen. 

Feel a bit bad for him, to be honest. Bit of optimism and wins around the place and he has to nervously log onto OVF after every win and brace for impact. 

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Only just catching up on things after being away for a few days. 

Just watched Cass interview. Again glowing praise for Clarke .

Also loved the bit where Clarke said it was great that Garrity had a go at him for being taken off.

Clarke....' I love it ' . 

Although it's always sweeter with a win. Had we lost it may of been an issue ? 

Either way a great start and real expectations for Saturday of an exciting game. No time for negativity we could be looking good at 5-00 pm all being well.