Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Port Vale

Fosse69

12 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Come on RZ i am sure you are desperate to get back on here on this match thread and congratulate the boys and MANAGEMENT team and maybe even say how DC is making you eat humble pie right now

hahaha...he's said he doesn't come on here to celebrate a win...which is an odd attitude for a so-called fan?

Advert:

5 hours ago, ValiantEffort said:

Great atmosphere from the travelling fans yesterday. As Clarkey says we need to be as one, the fans, the players the owners etc.

For the first time in a long time I can feel something building with the club. So many smiles at FT yesterday and professionalism from the players.; It felt like a real 'job done' attitude from them.

For a long time Ive watched the Vale team without any characters to really like and engage with - many just seemed to be 'journeymen' who were plodding along. This team just seems different, with a lot of likable characters who have an identity. You can tell this as many players now have their own songs - something (apart from Pope) we haven't done since the 90's. 

Singing amongst the Vale fans pre KO and at half time around the kiosks just show we are actually enjoying going to games again - it feels strange 😆

I also loved the way Wilson acted as cheerleader to the fans, I think he's starting to feel right at home amongst us!

Anyway I'm not getting carried away 😊

up the Vale

Great post!

• Like 4

Great atmosphere from the travelling fans yesterday. As Clarkey says we need to be as one, the fans, the players the owners etc.
For the first time in a long time I can feel something building with the club. So many smiles at FT yesterday and professionalism from the players.; It felt like a real 'job done' attitude from them.
For a long time Ive watched the Vale team without any characters to really like and engage with - many just seemed to be 'journeymen' who were plodding along. This team just seems different, with a lot of likable characters who have an identity. You can tell this as many players now have their own songs - something (apart from Pope) we haven't done since the 90's. 
Singing amongst the Vale fans pre KO and at half time around the kiosks just show we are actually enjoying going to games again - it feels strange 

I also loved the way Wilson acted as cheerleader to the fans, I think he's starting to feel right at home amongst us!
Anyway I'm not getting carried away 
up the Vale

Great Post to cheer me up on a miserable wet Monday morning.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

I was the same mate i thought that it was a bitter interview as soon as i heard it my point was that he's being made to look more of a fool for doing it for how we started the season.

A bit like some on here he's craving that next defeat so that he can spew his bile in his Lardinel column and say ' I told you so ' .

• Like 1

Advert:

6 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I am pleased that we won but it hasn't changed my opinion of DC. 

I am beginning to think nothing will change your mind on him and when it looks like we might win promotion you will just disappear. 

• Like 2

Advert:

If you can't even be slightly optimistic or your head being turned a tad by Clarke after the wins at Swindon and Scunthorpe which are less regular than a total eclipse but done in the space of 3 weeks. Apart from beating Lard 6-0 in the FA cup in January then the bloke has little chance of winning some over . 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Who can say what tomorrow will bring? 

Not you clearly! You do seem to have a habit of backing the wrong horse. It actually gives me some more confidence that DC will be a big success for us. 

Edited by WV

12 minutes ago, WV said:

Not you clearly! You do seem to have a habit of backing the wrong horse. It actually gives me some more confidence that DC will be a big success for us. 

Enjoy it while it lasts, I think the wheels will come off and DC will implode but as you say, I am usually wrong. 

• Like 1

Advert:

17 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Enjoy it while it lasts, I think the wheels will come off and DC will implode but as you say, I am usually wrong. 

Oh so in the end it might not work out? Like 99.9% of all managers in football? What will be a success in your eyes and what will be a failure? Just so we know where you draw the lines of success and failure. 

22 hours ago, NellyTheValiant said:

He'll get a chance in the upcoming trophy (or whatever it's called now) game vs Rochdale.  Needs a bit of a spark to get going for sure.

It’s still called The Mickey Mouse Cup in our house, and if we were to win it again that wouldn’t change.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1