onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Port Vale

Fosse69

2 hours ago, Rory said:

RZ might be happier if we start hammering teams. People will get bored if we keep winning by the odd goal. Hopefully Dazzler can sort it out and we start pumping 4, 5, 6, 7 goals past some of these noddy sides. Come on, sort it out Dazzler!

He might be happier if he starts on the whisky 

Advert

Not at all, I just question the need for so many changes, not to help me identify the players but to provide continuity and team spirit. It is rare for a manager to be given so much scope to make wholesale changes in a squad and I am not convinced it is that beneficial to the team. Guess we will find out by May. 
Who would've you have kept and why?

6 hours ago, Matlock Vale said:
16 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:
Not at all, I just question the need for so many changes, not to help me identify the players but to provide continuity and team spirit. It is rare for a manager to be given so much scope to make wholesale changes in a squad and I am not convinced it is that beneficial to the team. Guess we will find out by May. 

Who would've you have kept and why?

Probably only Brisley, Joyce and Montano. Brisley was at least as good as any of the replacement CBs. Montano was a flair player and had the ability to change games. Joyce was a solid midfielder who did a lot of the defensive midfield side of the game well. I would have said the one we don't mention but it appears that his injury would have been an issue.

Just now, Rampant Zebra said:

Probably only Brisley, Joyce and Montano. Brisley was at least as good as any of the replacement CBs. Montano was a flair player and had the ability to change games. Joyce was a solid midfielder who did a lot of the defensive midfield side of the game well. I would have said the one we don't mention but it appears that his injury would have been an issue.

Oops, I forgot Burgess, he had a great partnership with Taylor for a while and looked like a player who could develop. I might have given Brown another season too. Internal politics probably finished him off though.

Don't talk daft. Brisley isn't fit to lace Jones' boots. As for Joyce, both Walker and Pett are huge upgrades. Finally, Pope's injury issue were probably far behind his attitude and drinking issues. Let's also not forget his demands that everything revolve around Tom Pope. We're well shot of all of them

3 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Brisley was ok, maybe a touch unfortunate. However ( and yes I know they are moneybags ) he isn't getting a sniff at Wrexham, not even on the bench. 

Possibly injured I don't know but as good a pro Joyce was you are telling me he was preferably kept instead of signing Walker or Pett ? 

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Brisley was ok, maybe a touch unfortunate. However ( and yes I know they are moneybags ) he isn't getting a sniff at Wrexham, not even on the bench. 

Possibly injured I don't know but as good a pro Joyce was you are telling me he was preferably kept instead of signing Walker or Pett ? 

Bit early to judge yet. Tomorrows game will be a good test of where we are I think. 

35 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Bit early to judge yet. Tomorrows game will be a good test of where we are I think. 

As opposed to the tests at FGR or at Swindon or at tWotN v Harrogate? Would a poor game tomorrow count more than those (relatively) tough games that Jones and Pett contributed strongly to controlling?

I agree Brisley and Joyce were alright - for a team looking to survive in League 2. Aside from their quality, Jones and Pett are each 5 years younger than these rough equivalents too.

Am I reading that because Orient are more of a name than FGR or Harrogate that tomorrow is our biggest test ?

I certainly don't buy that . FGR were flying when we clipped their wings. And also put in the mix Swindon were in the top 4 and our record there. 

Yes I'm expecting a tough game but I'm not sure how tomorrow is our toughest test to date . 

Archived