onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Port Vale

Fosse69

15 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

A reflection of the unexpected requirement to find another club at short notice......you mean after being told a few days after the final game of last season.....wow very short notice,now i know you are on a wind up....... I will say this those unable to find clubs will be because no club wants them,i see all those who left have gone on to better things errmmmm surely have they?

Even McKirdy got fixed up so says a lot about the rest that didn't. 

Advert

4 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I want us to do as well as we can. I have set no targets for the season, I just want to go and watch some exciting football payed by players I recognize. We will never know if the current squad are really any better than some of the players they replaced as there are too many variables. The fact that some of the released players haven't found clubs is no guide to their ability really, more a reflection of the unexpected requirement to find another club at short notice. Despite the stats saying the new players are better, how do we know if one of them is going to fancy another ones wife and have a punch up in the car park? There is more to a successful team than just picking the best players based on stats. That is why I think evolution rather than revolution is the way to go. Although football is all about the results, the paying customer has his/her own demands and will only pay if they are met. 

We all want exciting football but we’re watching tier 4.  Are there no players in the first 11 that you recognise? Smith? Gibbo? Wozz? TC? Etc etc

2 hours ago, WV said:

I think the league table is usually a pretty good indicator of one years squad being better than another? Isn't that usually how it works? I've never heard of it being based on if one players wife fancies cheating on their hubby with another player 🤣

Zebra has given us a new metric for the matrix: XWC - expected wife cheating

5 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I want us to do as well as we can. I have set no targets for the season, I just want to go and watch some exciting football payed by players I recognize. We will never know if the current squad are really any better than some of the players they replaced as there are too many variables. The fact that some of the released players haven't found clubs is no guide to their ability really, more a reflection of the unexpected requirement to find another club at short notice. Despite the stats saying the new players are better, how do we know if one of them is going to fancy another ones wife and have a punch up in the car park? There is more to a successful team than just picking the best players based on stats. That is why I think evolution rather than revolution is the way to go. Although football is all about the results, the paying customer has his/her own demands and will only pay if they are met. 

Of all the strange comments you've made and refusal to concede you've backed the wrong horse, this is probably your strangest. When you go and watch a game, you always want to recognise the players? So that means that the players you recognise from last season, you never want them to leave? They can't retire? They've always got to play for the club until they die? That isn't how football works and it isn't something that should need explaining to you. Port Vale needed a change, we've had little success over the last 20 years and we have been owned by people that have fallen well short of expectations and what is required to be a stable football club. We are in such an incredible time right now as supporters, fortunately a lot of people know this, they can feel it. 

What is great about football is discovering new talent. When we signed Garrity, I was being battered on Twitter by Oldham fans because I pointed out he was their 4th best player last season in the squad. My point being, he can't be as bad as they are saying he is if he was better than around 17-18 others. I dug a little deeper and saw that he was played in different positions over the season and along with an injury struggled for a consistent start but I had faith that Clarke and Flitcroft wouldn't sign someone that is as poor as Oldham fans were saying. I'll be honest, I was rooting for him from Day 1 - more than any other new player, I was desperate for him to succeed. And when Conlon was injured and Clarke started him, it was one of those great moments watching your team, seeing a player take the opportunity and deliver, improve with every game and has that desire that every Vale fan will love you for. He's now scored 3 goals and won us 6 points so far this season. Come the end of the season, those 6 points could well be worth the fee we paid Blackpool for on its own. 

When the club is putting a run of results together, you don't resist, if you're a true supporter, you back them all the way. We've had many false dawns in Burslem over the last 20 years, and it's too early to say if this is the real deal but it looks like it and it feels like it and they have my support because it's been a long time since I've felt this good, supporting this club. Up the Vale.

EDIT: I do also want to address your other mad points. You talk like Clarke released the players the day before the new season started. He released them within a week of last season finishing. They had all summer pretty much to find a new club and there was hints before the season ended that there would be a large number leaving. How much notice do players need? I can see now why you've not made it into football management. I can guarantee that if we finish below last season's position, you would use that to compare this season's players with last season's but because we have had a good start, you don't want to compare just yet. Your next point has made me think you're just trolling. Of all the scenarios you could choose as to why players would fall out, you went with a player fancying a team-mate's wife, causing a punch up in the car park. This looks like a fantasy - do you step in before a punch is thrown in your zebra costume and split them up saving the club and everyone cheers your name?

26 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

This threads quickly descended into an attention seeking farce. Luckily I don’t see most of the rubbish unless someone quotes it. 

Agreed,if we win he never talks about the game or which players stood out etc or if the manager outwitted his opponent,what he does do is say something that draws attention to himself(I hold my hands up for getting dragged into it and i apologise),one thing is for sure we all know he cant wait for us to lose a couple of games on the trot

Must be pretty lonely to sit there giggling to himself when we get dragged in

7 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

If we get promotion I will gladly admit that I was wrong as we party in the s

treets of Burslem. I might even recognize most of the players by then. 🙂

You'd quickly recognise the players if you attended the games, even I've managed to do it, though I still miss seeing Andy Jones banging them in. 

5 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Does anyone actually recognise league 2 players ? 

I'm baffled by that analogy .

As for short notice for ex squad players, they were all released very immediately in May. They and their agents had plenty of time to stoke a few fires . 

I can't believe I've risen to the bait. I need to stop. 

An unbelievable post 

Darren I feel your pain 😂 - we know........ WE KNOW we have at last got a club and team to be proud of, lets enjoy it -

However, Im concerned about Lucas - I hope he has made a full recovery from his devastating hamstring "tear" in the 85th minute on Saturday 😁 - Long live the Lucas

24 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

Darren I feel your pain 😂 - we know........ WE KNOW we have at last got a club and team to be proud of, lets enjoy it -

However, Im concerned about Lucas - I hope he has made a full recovery from his devastating hamstring "tear" in the 85th minute on Saturday 😁 - Long live the Lucas

I love the Vale , and it’s great to be near the top , even at this early stage, but that was embarrassing on Saturday from Covolan, in my opinion. 

Archived