onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

3 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

The manager, I am sure he is a fine individual, just not convinced that his methods will provide the required long term results. 

Why? 
Has he not had success in this very division previously? 4th in the league and we have played the majority of top sides. Why not just get behind him 

Zebras world says if we don't finish top it's a failure, 3rd is a failure if don't finish 2nd if we get in in the play offs it's a failure, if we won the play off final it's a failure because we didn't go up automatically, he can't lose with his negative approach, it's pathetic

57 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

The manager, I am sure he is a fine individual, just not convinced that his methods will provide the required long term results. 

Assuming things were to continue as they are, and we maintain, or better exceed, our current league position, at what point would you change your view?  Or is your opinion so entrenched that you will never actually change your viewpoint?

With a virtually brand new team, I was anticipating that we wouldn't gel properly until November/December. I think Clarke has done a fine job. If we would have had a kinder set of fixtures so far I think we'd be top. The fact that we've played and beat 3 of the other 4 teams in the top 5 with us suggests that we can beat anybody in this league.

Honestly anyone who is not impressed with what dc is starting to build here genuinely struggle to believe that you support the vale, for the first time in a long time we look like a really decent team with arguably one of the best squad in the division. Can tell you right now that most of our bench and people who dont make the match day squad would be starters for most teams in this division. We have been the better team in 90% of our games. Weve been competitive in every single game we should be on more points than what we are and as ive said before we are only going to get better. I genuinely think we will be automatic promotion rather than play offs. 

it looks like all the players have took on all of dcs ideas and are playing for him and the badge and they all have the same aim promotion. There is passion there something that's been missing for a long time at the vale. There is a feel good feeling around the club and if you are a vale fan and are not getting that feeling then genuinely i think you need to question whether you actually support the vale or are they just a way of getting out your frustration every weekend as you look for any possible negative to complain at. 

We are fourth and id say we have had the toughest ten fixtures in the division to start with. Things are looking really positive as ive not seen a team yet to be fearful of 

UP THE VALE

21 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Assuming things were to continue as they are, and we maintain, or better exceed, our current league position, at what point would you change your view?  Or is your opinion so entrenched that you will never actually change your viewpoint?

If we get promotion I will gladly admit that I was wrong as we party in the streets of Burslem. I might even recognize most of the players by then. 🙂

I also love the detail and work that goes into each game. Reading an interview with Pett and he mentions how the analysts can tell you what you need to know. They also work on individual aspects of the opposition play to ensure that they are as prepared as possible. I think in previous seasons it's been a case of turning up and hoping for the best on a Saturday. Now we are actively trying to exploit opposition weakness and every player knows their job. Some weeks we might have an off day, but if we are prepared it will help us to win many more than we lose.

11 minutes ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Genuine question RZ - which current manager within our price range do you think would be doing a better job than DC?

I have no idea, I hadn't even thought about it as we have a manager and that situation is unlikely to change. Also I have no idea how much we are paying DC or how much anyone else would demand. 

I have no idea, I hadn't even thought about it as we have a manager and that situation is unlikely to change. Also I have no idea how much we are paying DC or how much anyone else would demand. 
You thought about becoming a politician RZ? Think you'd make a cracking leader of the opposition based on that answer

50 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

If we get promotion I will gladly admit that I was wrong as we party in the streets of Burslem. I might even recognize most of the players by then. 🙂

So only promotion will change your view?  I’m all for setting the bar high but would a top 7 finish be be unacceptable to you then?

Archived