onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Port Vale

Fosse69

11 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

I think no matter how much you dominate 1-0 is a worrying score line during a game. I suppose thats why we all hope our forward line consistently hits the net so as we can get into those more comfortable 2-0 positions.

Agreed a bit more composure in and around the box to pick out an easy pass to players better placed than you and then the obvious better finishing.  Proctor could've had at least another couple had he managed to keep relatively easy chances on target over the last couple of games.  Does great to get the chances but then fails to hit the target.

Advert

13219_2.png
17h

I think you could bring in Pep Guardiola, Thomas Tuchel, or even Alex Ferguson, we would still have the same Executive and the same small minded budget and ambition

You can’t make a silk purse out of a rotten, out of date mouldy pig’s ear

The club is rotten to the core

How lucky are we to have Carol to support the matrix.

Mal Benning is a good player, we know that, but the question is whether he can rediscover that form in his time with us.

With the competition for places we have right now it’ll be hard for him to get enough game time to force his way into the starting 11 every week, when really he would probably benefit from an extended run in the side to build confidence.  It’s a vicious circle.

1 minute ago, Guitar Ray said:

Mal Benning is a good player, we know that, but the question is whether he can rediscover that form in his time with us.

With the competition for places we have right now it’ll be hard for him to get enough game time to force his way into the starting 11 every week, when really he would probably benefit from an extended run in the side to build confidence.  It’s a vicious circle.

He'll get a chance in the upcoming trophy (or whatever it's called now) game vs Rochdale.  Needs a bit of a spark to get going for sure.

1 hour ago, NellyTheValiant said:

Agreed a bit more composure in and around the box to pick out an easy pass to players better placed than you and then the obvious better finishing.  Proctor could've had at least another couple had he managed to keep relatively easy chances on target over the last couple of games.  Does great to get the chances but then fails to hit the target.

Garrity said in a recent interview that he just concentrated on hitting the target.  Proctor would do well to think the same rather than trying to smash the net, as he appears to have done with a couple of his better recent chances.

In fairness his work in creating his chance yesterday was terrific, great work to take out a couple of defenders, but the finish was poor.

Proctor has been a great signing. Even when he doesn't score, his holdup play and decent pace is a massive asset. He can run channels and get it pinged into feet. He makes us a much better team.

He's getting loads of good chances so goals will come. He went on that great run of 4 in 2 so obviously was going to slow down. If he gets 10-15 and continues to be our focal point, then the Matrix has absolutely smashed it. 

Is it me or does DC never play different subs that's a few games in a row he as brought on the same subs and of what I have seen they are ok subs but more of a hang on to what you got subs instead of finish the game subs .

Garrity should never be taken off yet always is no wonder he probably a bit miffed about he always having go off personally I'd leave him on and take Conlon off why take off  a goalscoring threat off especially one who has scored 3 superb goals .

Can understand Gibbo going off and theres no one else but Benning who can play his role and he hasn't lit up the place yet but we live in hope he will at some point .

I personally in games would keep Worrall fresh there's no need run him into the ground and make him play all minutes of the season theres times when a freshen up in his position would be nice see I mean we have Amoo and Politic there twiddling there thumbs  who if anything will be hungry get on and show the Vale home crowd what they can do anyway couldn't we replace Gibbons with Amoo or Politic and move Worrall to the other side in Gibbons role ?.

LLoyd seems like a grafter but I think Amoo in that position would offer us more threat I mean look at his goal v Bolton and two minutes after he is threatening the goal again  with goalie making a fine save from him so i feel at present the subs ain't the right ones although the results will say differently. 

I think there's a tendency to become too complacent and sloppy in second half of games at present but it would help if DC chooses the right personnel to come on and takes off players who are not quite to the level they need be for the whole 90.

UTV 

In his last 10 games, Lucas has:

• Kept 5 clean sheets
  • Been sent off for losing the ball about 40 yards from goal and hacking his man down
  • Killed the Scunthorpe game by tearing him hamstring running up for a goal kick, healing it, then launching the same kick minutes later without a hint of injury
  • Knocked a forward out clean by launching the ball in his face from 3 yards away
  • Killed the Swindon game by breaking his ankle and then getting back up and taking the free kick without a hint of injury
  • Killed the Harrogate game by getting their best man sent off, a slight nudge prompting immediate medical attention before leisurely getting up and launching the kick without a hint of injury
  • Been sent off for elbowing a player in the face in a pre-season friendly as he faffs about outside his box
  • Been sent up for a corner
  • Kept Hartlepool fans still fuming about a game they won 6 months ago
  • Performed an innovative starfish leap when an attacker bears down on goal

Absolute club legend. Build the statue. 

image.thumb.png.ff6f864f4b6981a2fc5f8419c70e129a.png

EDIT: Add in his goal for Torquay and him 'putting his broken arm back into place' at Worthing. We'll be lining up in the Premier League in 2030 in Lucas Covolan Park, mark my words.

Archived