onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

I see this as a  game to benchmark where we are at. Having got to the edge of the play offs a win will put is in the mix , a defeat sends you back to mid table. No games are easy but surely its got to be easier playing a team at the bottom rather than the top. They are at the bottom for a reason and while its still early days winning is a good habit to get into and keeps confidence high.

I'm really looking forward to this one 1st away game in person this season. Scunny don't look like they have much going forward to me.Record suggests they struggle to score goals and with a leaky backline.

History means bugger all - another away day hoodoo to banish 0-2 to SVA and cement a place in top6.

On 22/09/2021 at 01:34, Mario said:
On 22/09/2021 at 00:24, TJHValiant said:
We should win and there is absolutely no reason on paper why not. A loss would be bad, as it will hit confidence and momentum when we lose to teams we should be beating. 

We will. Quite strongly. As someone else has said 3-1 win sounds a good shout. 

Problem is football ain't played on paper.

It’s played on a ski slope covered with turf at Harrogate

The league this season is going to have 2/3rds of teams battling for the top 7; really tight and a lot of tough fixtures. This season more than ever I reckon I juries are going to play a huge factor. Away at Scunny and similar games need game management to protect players like Wilson, Gibbo, Worrall etc. regardless of how they’re playing.

Without doubt consistency is going to be the key for us. We have a good enough squad to challenge at the top end, however we cannot carry players all have to be on there game. If all eleven are at 7 or 8 out of 10 then we will win anything less we will be in trouble. I would really like us to win up there last time I went to scunny we lost three nil Billy Sharp scored twice. We are due a win here’s hoping .

My team always good to freshen it up and keep players on toes .

Covalan 

Gibbons Cass Smith Jones 

Pett Conlon 

Worrall   Garrity     Wilson 

Proctor .

That's the  team I'd start with but I'd also see at some point Amoo come on along with Politic the lad must be match fit by now,J Taylor could get some minutes also as he looked fit and ready to go last week .

The bench well DC will have them 3 plus Lloyd Stone And Martin I reckon .

I'd like see Conlon have more of a influence on games they seem be bypassing him at present luckily others are stepping up instead of him but last week he didn't really get involved in the game at all and we want him involved in the games as that can only be good for Vale if indeed he is so will be watching his performance intently .

Garrity will score again I feel also Wilson also  and as long as we defensively do our job well with good communication theres no reason why a away win is not incoming. 

Lets be positive .

46 minutes ago, connor hackett said:

Initial allocation sold out, but you can pay on the day by card. Anyone know what the initial allocation was?

Went down this morning to pick up tickets for Sat to be abruptly told ‘sold out won’t be getting anymore’ !

Wasted journey , no information about this anywhere to my knowledge. 
Apparently we had 400 tickets and that was it . 
For info anybody wishing not to have to pay the increased price on the day if you ring Scunthorpe ticket office you can book and pay for at the lower price and pick up there . 

5 minutes ago, ValeGez said:

Went down this morning to pick up tickets for Sat to be abruptly told ‘sold out won’t be getting anymore’ !

Wasted journey , no information about this anywhere to my knowledge. 
Apparently we had 400 tickets and that was it . 
For info anybody wishing not to have to pay the increased price on the day if you ring Scunthorpe ticket office you can book and pay for at the lower price and pick up there . 

If it’s like vales ticket office there’s no point ringing nobody will answer just pay the extra on the day 

4 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

If it’s like vales ticket office there’s no point ringing nobody will answer just pay the extra on the day 

Rang myself , straight through, took about 2 mins , sorted and paid for .

You’re correct about one thing though , I was told by our ticket office “just pay on the day “ !!

Archived