onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Derby County going into Administration

mikey

Advert

The cash runs out on a badly run club... Makes me so pleased that after a long period of bad management where, at times, we flirted with dropping out of the league, we now have a decent structure. 

I suspect this won't be the only Championship casualty. Some of the debts in the Championship are huge.

9 hours ago, Tapper said:

The EFL / FA need to do more to stop this kind of thing going on.

Another feather in their cap. Derby were allowed to transfer ownership of the ground away from the club weren’t they?

Rochdale, Scunthorpe, Oldham, Derby could all be in real trouble. I can’t emphasise enough how fortunate it is that Carol got to us 10 months before COVID. 

12 hours ago, Tapper said:

The EFL / FA need to do more to stop this kind of thing going on.

Agree, however fans also need to be more realistic.  

Many see cash injections from ‘sugar daddy’ Directors as an investment, and if Directors do not do this / don’t pay the big salaries they are accused of a lack of ambition - the old ‘speculate to accumulate’ response.  This is virtually always over inflated wages/agents fees not an investment for the long term good of the club, but an attempt to buy instant success.

Carol and Kevin are taking a more long term view, with investment in infrastructure and staffing structure to hopefully put in place a model to achieve success over a longer period, which will provide the sustainable revenue streams to support this.

Hopefully the Vale Park faithful can remember this should this season not yield the promotion we all crave.

34 minutes ago, Doha said:

Another feather in their cap. Derby were allowed to transfer ownership of the ground away from the club weren’t they?

yes they did, but isn’t this part of the financial argument against them that it was false accounting as he actually paid £80m when the ground was only valued at £40m.  This actually allowed them to manipulate cash inflows to the footballing side of the club.

As always with administration you hope the players who will not be getting paid do there utmost like ours did in 2012/13 ,what a great bunch they were was so proud of them never to be forgotten .

The problem with paying players too much is that eventually unless they gel and want to play together that you can have players on bench on silly money a week because you have to buy more players because the ones you got ain't doing themselves or the club justice .

I mean they get decent gates always well supported Derby are I do not get it how they have mismanaged money thar  much they are going into administration .

Sad times for there supporters but all they can do is turn up and get behind them and I'm.sure if 30 thousand of them chip in a bit then there new owners could be a group of supporters eventually .

I wish them well 

This could get very messy/costly:

I can see the Wycombe's owner's points - the Derby owner has basically admitted they would have been relegated last season if they'd filed on time and he has a duty to the Wycombe shareholders (including fans) to reclaim the Championship money Wycombe would have got by staying up.  

Archived