Jump to content

  • OVF player sponsorship 2022

    £10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

stewards


geoff1
 Share

Recommended Posts

Advert:


I actually think the stewards are far better than previous years, they seem more talkative and polite and there doesn’t appear to be any dressed like South American para military’s as there has been in past years.

Being searched is a condition of entry as it has been at every ground in the country for as long as I can remember, it isn’t just for explosives or weapons it’s also for alcohol and latterly IT and recording equipment (Chinese betting syndicates). 

I very much doubt that every person entering the Paddock was searched, it was probably that every person in a 5 minute period was.

As for gloves and masks unless you change gloves after every search they are useless and to be honest you are much more likely to catch COVID while in the jam packed toilets than being searched for 15 seconds in the open air.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, werstayinup said:

First time i have seen them do it in all the years i have been going,kids have always stood at the front for pics and autos,not sure why but Rochdale game Amoo broke from the warm up for a pic and when he went back one of the coaches had a word with Amoo

I think that there's some Football League rule change about not having anyone standing at the front of stands at pitch level. This was a statement by Bristol Rovers on it:

The club is aware that the recent changes to the terracing areas have caused some issues over the first three games of the season. The change has come following an EFL regulation that does not allow any standing at pitch level. This rule is now being enforced by our Safety Advisory Group. We are aware that many fans, particularly younger fans, used to stand at the front of the terrace to ensure that they could see and therefore we know that this change has been disappointing for many supporters."

 

If that is the case then:

1) It's just Vale/other clubs following FL rules

2) However, even if that is the case, it may be good for the stewards to communicate this change rather than move people away with no explanation. 

3) It may also be a good idea for the club could pop up a quick statement too. It's all about communication it seems to me. I'm guessing the rule has been applied to stop pitch invasions/protect player safety but you actually need to tell people when the rules change or how else are they going to know?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clubs going bust, into admin, fan protests against dodgy owners up and down the country, and the football league are too busy dictating ‘rules’ that kids aren’t allowed to stand and look over the hoardings. 

What is the point of them and the FA?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Doha said:

Clubs going bust, into admin, fan protests against dodgy owners up and down the country, and the football league are too busy dictating ‘rules’ that kids aren’t allowed to stand and look over the hoardings. 

What is the point of them and the FA?

I couldn't agree more. 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


18 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

How you know what the coach and Amoo were talking about though?  Did you overhear the conversation?

Anyhow, no such problem in the Bycars, before, during or after the game.  Wozz came over to a pack of kids as he made his way around the pitch after being subbed.  Covolan came over after the game and spent quite some time posing for selfies.  This it how it should be.

I agree that is how it should be and thats how it always has been,i was replying to a post about stewards in the paddock and the one particular steward was moving kids away from the side as the players were warming up.Just seen what Rob has put and it could be a new rule

As for the conversation,did i actually say what they were talking about?? i just said after he went over to the kids one of the coaches spoke to him.

Edited by werstayinup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 20/09/2021 at 19:23, werstayinup said:

Kids were moved away from watching the players warm up before the game by a steward with a pony tail who was walking up and down the paddock pre game 

 

Crikey, in my mind that's even worse than the treatment meted out to Gungho Ed. These kids are the future of the Vale and the one abiding memory I have of going to vale games when I was very little, all those years ago, was how well junior valiants were treated both by spectators and stewards. I really, really hope Carol is reading this and has a word with the steward concerned. Disgraceful.

PS just read the earlier posts about the new so-called FA rules which just shows that the law is an ass.

Edited by CambridgeDon
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, robf said:

I think that there's some Football League rule change about not having anyone standing at the front of stands at pitch level. This was a statement by Bristol Rovers on it:

The club is aware that the recent changes to the terracing areas have caused some issues over the first three games of the season. The change has come following an EFL regulation that does not allow any standing at pitch level. This rule is now being enforced by our Safety Advisory Group. We are aware that many fans, particularly younger fans, used to stand at the front of the terrace to ensure that they could see and therefore we know that this change has been disappointing for many supporters."

 

If that is the case then:

1) It's just Vale/other clubs following FL rules

2) However, even if that is the case, it may be good for the stewards to communicate this change rather than move people away with no explanation. 

3) It may also be a good idea for the club could pop up a quick statement too. It's all about communication it seems to me. I'm guessing the rule has been applied to stop pitch invasions/protect player safety but you actually need to tell people when the rules change or how else are they going to know?

 

Does the rule apply pre and post match or just during the action??  If the former, it really is madness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, butt lane vale fan said:

Not read all this thread however someone mentioned on FB that Carol had been warned the Club will lose their safety Certificate if fans carry on standing and that she was really worried about it, hence the actions of stewards now. No idea if true.

Would it not have saved a whole lot of mither if our director of communication Tideswell had communicated this to us then? On social media, the website and asking Baggers to write an article about it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


3 hours ago, Doha said:

Would it not have saved a whole lot of mither if our director of communication Tideswell had communicated this to us then? On social media, the website and asking Baggers to write an article about it?

 

Also, who's the complete square at the council coming up with these so called rules? It's a football ground. People don't want to sit down quiet as church mice. Get a <ovf censored> life. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 14/09/2021 at 21:36, TJHValiant said:

The only thing I get taken off me from these searches have been flasks of tea and sandwiches. At Northampton I had to empty my flask of tea before being allowed empty and bin my sandwiches!

Just a cheap excuse to rip off fans in the ground.

what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! id have called a copper.🥵

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    • Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please - Contact us here
    • If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here
    • Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here
  • Friends of OVF



×
×
  • Create New...