onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

stewards

geoff1

at the rochdale match, all supporters entering the  paddock at hamil road, were physically searched by pat-down , by stewards without gloves or masks and not keeping a reasonable distance. i understand in the terms & cons of entry they have the power to search at their  discresion. i believe the police can only physically search you if they have reasonable suspicion to do so. i as a 71 year old, 50 year season ticket holder, object to being searched by a lad who has no reasonable excuse to search me. I wonder if entrants to the lorne st boxes an president seats are searched? or even carol and kevin.am i the only one who objects to this practice? 

Advert

They can only search you with your consent as they're not coppers. However, if you refuse, you can be refused entry. I get why you're concerned and object, but I have to ask, have you contacted the club about it and set out your concerns? If not, might be the best idea. One other thing to point out is that the searches are random largely to avoid any accusations of unfairly profiling a certain class or group (for example young lads). Which is why you have the ridiculous situation of little old ladies being selected to be searched at airports in case they're carrying a bomb!

49 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

at the rochdale match, all supporters entering the  paddock at hamil road, were physically searched by pat-down , by stewards without gloves or masks and not keeping a reasonable distance. i understand in the terms & cons of entry they have the power to search at their  discresion. i believe the police can only physically search you if they have reasonable suspicion to do so. i as a 71 year old, 50 year season ticket holder, object to being searched by a lad who has no reasonable excuse to search me. I wonder if entrants to the lorne st boxes an president seats are searched? or even carol and kevin.am i the only one who objects to this practice? 

If it's in the terms and conditions of the sale of the ticket you have agreed to the search, provided you were able to agree at the time you entered into the contract.

There are conditions to how and where they search.

If the club are imposing any restrictions of entry (covid) Staff should also be adhering to the same rules/restrictions as applied to the public.

Perhaps someone should ask if staff/stewards are subject to the same scrutiny before entry.

1 hour ago, geoff1 said:

If you go on the official site there is a contacts link.  You will find a Health & Safety section and if you click on that you will get the email addresses for the Senior Safety Officers.  A polite email to them might be in order here to see if they can give any explanation, especially of the fact that the stewards weren't wearing gloves or masks.

There where extra stewards in the bycars they did have masks and gloves but they stood on the bottom step of the upper tier and would not move making it difficult to get past them even their supivsor came and stood by them and would not move out of the way

4 hours ago, geoff1 said:

I used to have a season ticket for the presidents seats, and yes I was searched a few times.

1 hour ago, rsb said:

There where extra stewards in the bycars they did have masks and gloves but they stood on the bottom step of the upper tier and would not move making it difficult to get past them even their supivsor came and stood by them and would not move out of the way

typical!!!!!!😉

3 hours ago, geosname said:

If it's in the terms and conditions of the sale of the ticket you have agreed to the search, provided you were able to agree at the time you entered into the contract.

There are conditions to how and where they search.

If the club are imposing any restrictions of entry (covid) Staff should also be adhering to the same rules/restrictions as applied to the public.

Perhaps someone should ask if staff/stewards are subject to the same scrutiny before entry.

actually i searched  him in the same way!!!!!  spotty little herbet.😄

34 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

At Swindon we queued maybe 30 feet away from home fans. 

All Away fans frisked and patted whether 18 or 83. Ladies had their bags searched.

Strangely home fans just strolled into the ground with no search . 

I once had a row with a steward at Oxford over that. Wanted to search me, told me their fans were searched as well. I said I’ve just walked round the ground and no one in the home sections is being searched. Just walked past her to the turnstile. Fortunately there were no boys in blue around!

Players taking the knee is an anti-discrimination gesture. Stewards should take note. 

At Wolves in the 1990's I went through the turnstiles to be met by a police officer who frisked me. He asked me to remove the object out my coat pocket and I pulled out my dog's chain metal lead. He then said "not brought your dog with you today, sir?", I replied "no, not today" and he then let me put it back in my pocket and walk on to my seat with what could be a lethal weapon. Never understood the point of a search after that.  

Archived