Match Thread: Port Vale v Harrogate Town

Fosse69

So pleased we've comfortably seen off one of the most horrible teams I've witnessed for a long time. I can only think that they were top because other teams struggled with their miserable game approach,  but we are finally a tough bunch who can handle outfits like them.  Well done lads. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, CambridgeDon said:

FT 2-0, well done the lads. Didn't sound like a brilliant game but three points, clean sheet, Wilson's first league goal, and into the play-off places. Starting to motor.

Time for a few sherbets!

I thought it was a very good game tbh with 2 quality goals and whoever said we didnt work the keeper...really? i recall in the last 5 minutes alone he made 2 saves,oh and we couldn't work him for the goals as he got nowhere near them 🙂 

Edited by werstayinup
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Great first half, superb goals. Hopefully that will be the first of many for Wilson. 

We made them look very average. Lloyd looked decent when he came on, quick, hard-working and aggressive. Wish we'd pinged a couple of through balls for him to run on to. He made plenty of runs but got no service.  

Woz on top form, deserved MOTM. Cracking goal, contender for GotS. UTV! 

• Like 2

A game full of positives for me, with a James Wilson goal and the return of Jake Taylor.Glad to see we didn’t change our formation especially having taken the lead. Thought Harrogate gave us a good game and credit to them they never gave up when down to ten men. Their keeper made two fantastic saves towards the end. DC don’t start messing around with the formula now, unless it desperately needs changing.

Is RZ back off holiday now 😉 as i am waiting for him to praise all these new signings now they are bedding in,as well of course the management team for some really good results so far this season

Onwards and Upwards and i for one am very pleased with how its going and certainly with the manager and the majority of the new signings....keep it up boys

• Like 4

Good team performance today, understandably slowed down second half as it must have been hot playing in the sun.
Like to mention the back three of Jones/Smith/Cass played well and did not give them a chance on target.
What a goal from Woz worthy to win any game.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, philmpv said:

For anybody relying on their fixture card, we haven't got 3 successive away games now. The game against Orient is at home. Good job I checked myself as it seemed a bit odd!

I pointed this out to 2 old guys in the Bycars who thought we had 3 away games.

• Like 1

I thought it was quite telling that all the outfield players took the time to individually congratulate Wilson after scoring. Maybe they’ve been winding him up over not notching yet. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Doha said:

I thought it was quite telling that all the outfield players took the time to individually congratulate Wilson after scoring. Maybe they’ve been winding him up over not notching yet. 

DC said that he works really hard in training and really impresses the other players and also the fact that he works hard for the team during a game,so that could be the reason