Match Thread: Port Vale v Harrogate Town

Fosse69

2 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

That 21 has finally been sent off 20 minutes late. I’d like to think that’ll make life a bit easier for us but this is Vale we’re talking about.

Well, they'll never have a better incentive - 1-0 up at home v 10 men. And we've moved up to 8th in the 'as its stands' table. C'mon, Vale - let's have a few more!

PS Icing on the cake, the Lardies are two down away at minus 21 points Derby 👍

• Like 1

Another good half. 1.0 probably a fair scoreline based on chances. How these were second and unbeaten God only knows. Theyve looked tripe.

Can we have this ref every week? Virtually every decision correct, though I'm amazed he allowed their no3 to be subbed before a second booking.

Looking quality on the ball at times. Just need to put it together in the final third

• Like 2

It’s been a nip and tuck half that we’ve had the better of although we haven’t looked anywhere near as good as the first 20 vs Rochdale. They have found space is behind us at times, again and I maintain that also the better teams at home this system doesn’t work. 

Absolute corker from Worrall who’s played well on that side with the no 3 and 21 both getting yellows, the latter eventually getting a 2nd (which he should have for a bad foul earlier) for a barge on Lucas.

I’d like to see Amoo or Politic on 2nd half as I think they’ll come out all guns blazing with nothing to lose. Their no 20 at centre-half has impressed me and has had the better of Wilson all half. 

Just now, Biddulph_PV said:

It’s been a nip and tuck half that we’ve had the better of although we haven’t looked anywhere near as good as the first 20 vs Rochdale. They have found space is behind us at times again and I maintain that against the better teams at home this system doesn’t work. 

Absolute corker from Worrall who’s played well on that side with the no 3 and 21 both getting yellows, the latter eventually getting a 2nd (which he should have for a bad foul earlier) for a barge on Lucas.

I’d like to see Amoo or Politic on 2nd half as I think they’ll come out all guns blazing with nothing to lose. Their no 20 at centre-half has impressed me and has had the better of Wilson all half. 

3 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Another good half. 1.0 probably a fair scoreline based on chances. How these were second and unbeaten God only knows. Theyve looked tripe.

Can we have this ref every week? Virtually every decision correct, though I'm amazed he allowed their no3 to be subbed before a second booking.

Looking quality on the ball at times. Just need to put it together in the final third

I wouldn't be surprised to see Politic come on, after he got a special mention from DC.

12 minutes ago, Beech said:

Better team that half despite having less possession as usual. A second goal early in the second half and that should be that.

Just what the Tyler ordered.