Match Thread: Port Vale v Harrogate Town

Fosse69

2 hours ago, Beech said:

4-3-3. Play Worrall in his best position. Same start as against Rochdale but be more clinical with the chances we create.

Covolan

Gibbons

Smith

Cass

Jones

Pett

Conlon

Garrity

Amoo

Worrall

Proctor

Bench: Stone, Martin, Johnson, Benning, Taylor, Politic, Wilson

I would definitely start with amoo think he mostly causes visiting defences problems at home different proposition away from home 

• Like 1

Interesting that DC pointedly mentioned playing 442 against Burnley midweek and how pleased he was with it. Possibly looking at it to turn round the home form or leading a false trail for the opposition manager on Saturday?

1 hour ago, philmpv said:

Interesting that DC pointedly mentioned playing 442 against Burnley midweek and how pleased he was with it. Possibly looking at it to turn round the home form or leading a false trail for the opposition manager on Saturday?

Off topic I know. but was there a write-up about this friendly?

Got to win to get this season kickstarted nicely as we get into easier fixtures. Good news Walker doesn’t look a long absence but let’s hope he’s not another Manny with persistent injuries.

Looking forward to this, going to head up early and get in the fanzone. Hopefully another 6k crowd with a good atmosphere. And hopefully we won't hear that God awful Steino is a to##er song, he's been retired 20 years, do you reckon the boothen end still sing songs about Martin Foyle anyway roll on tomorrow, let's get behind the lads and roar them on to 3 more points!!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, connor hackett said:

Looking forward to this, going to head up early and get in the fanzone. Hopefully another 6k crowd with a good atmosphere. And hopefully we won't hear that God awful Steino is a to##er song, he's been retired 20 years, do you reckon the boothen end still sing songs about Martin Foyle emoji1787.png anyway roll on tomorrow, let's get behind the lads and roar them on to 3 more points!!

Agreed! It’s about time we came up with some new songs about our new players. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, connor hackett said:

do you reckon the boothen end still sing songs about Martin Foyle emoji1787.png 

Almost certainly not, however let’s not forget that the Boothen End is still full of 5h1t, so there’s still a place in our repertoire for some of the old classics.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, philmpv said:

352 away 442 at home lets get the job done 

• Like 3

Matchday are we up for this or not .

Told by son stop moaning so I'm going sit up the other end for both halfs ,I mean going gooaarrrrnn when we have the ball is deemed as moaning ok I did have a bit of a whinge last 25 of first half as i didn't like the fact Rochdale were having the ball he said that everyone 7 rows in front was sick of hearing me lol so its best not to antagonise the locals .

I'm passionate I want Vale win if I'm moaning its usually because they the team are giving me something moan about .

So I vowed I will not moan today and hopefully I will have nothing moan about .

I want see a stirring display nothing less if theres a ball to be won win it if theres a cross to be defended defend it and if theres a ball to be finished finish it .

GOOOOARRRnNNN the Vale 

Edited by Breadwinner