onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Harrogate Town

Fosse69

I thought it was a good all round performance, not perfect, but well worthy of the points. The main highlights were the home win finally, Wilson's first league goal for us, and Worrall's goal of the season contender. Harrogate didn't look like a top 3 side, although that was probably more down to us. If I could criticise anything, then I would have liked us to go for a 3rd against 10 men, but once Wilson went off we lost a bit of cutting edge.

I'd like to think that we can build on this at Scunthorpe and consolidate a place near the top.

UTV

Advert

We looked solid today. Sign Cass he's class, cultured and assured performance from him. Jones too was immense.

Need to perhaps be alittle more dynamic in attack, we do lack pace also but I'm sure Clarke will eventually play Amoo and/ or Politic to supplement Wozza's industry and desire. Keep it quiet but we may just be getting there.

7 minutes ago, pete vale said:

We looked solid today. Sign Cass he's class, cultured and assured performance from him. Jones too was immense.

Need to perhaps be alittle more dynamic in attack, we do lack pace also but I'm sure Clarke will eventually play Amoo and/ or Politic to supplement Wozza's industry and desire. Keep it quiet but we may just be getting there.

Agree re Cass, for me it was a toss up between him and Wozza for motm today.

Don’t get me wrong, we’ve played effectively and it’s job done, but I can’t remember us working their keeper and we’ve been very slow moving the ball and wasteful at times.
Agreed. There was two pieces of real quality that won the game but other than that it was a disjointed performance. They bossed a large portion of the second half and should have scored. I was surprised DC didn't change the formation in that second half as we looked like the team with 10 men. We need to play better football.

Individually there were some very good performances but as a team we bypassed the midfield too many times and didn't hold on to the ball.

Great to see Gibbo back. Taylor made a difference too when he came on as he found space and drove forward. Proctor won nearly everything and Worrall deserved MOM. Pleased for Wilson in getting his goal. Took it very well.

Harrogate where thugs and no.21 should have definitely been sent off. Great to see Vale been tough in return.

39 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I really do think he is going do very well for us now and for the long term,the whole new set up has been a breath of fresh air for the club and long may it continue

I’ve said it before I’ll say it again he will end up a vale legend 

Enjoy your night mate 👍

Two underrated players that have shone for me are Dan Jones & Jamie Proctor. Jones is the full monty of a defender fleeting between centre & left back / wing. Proctor’s hold up play is immense, defenders just bounce off him and yet he still has some lovely delicate touches. Wish his volley in the last five minutes had gone in to cap a really good team performance.

Good result, a hard working performance against a team we would have struggled against in the past, love the game management as well, not to everybody's taste but personally I love it, it's about time we dished it out a bit.

Long way to go and the signs are there, but lets not get carried away, remember that lot down the road were crowned champions last week.

I thought we did what we had to do in the 2nd half, no need to go gung ho when you go 2 up so well done DC and the boys more of the same please.

Agreed, I really like the look of the lad, one of the unsung heroes successful teams need, very steady game today, my man of the match.
As to the game, excellent performance and saw the game out well. Superb strike by Worrall and nice to see Wilson off the mark - I think he's going to be one of those players who the fans aren't always appreciative of but who is by the manager for his role within the team.
Plenty of things still to work on but you can't complain too much with a 2 - 0 win, definitely 'entertained today

2 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Agreed, I really like the look of the lad, one of the unsung heroes successful teams need, very steady game today, my man of the match.
As to the game, excellent performance and saw the game out well. Superb strike by Worrall and nice to see Wilson off the mark - I think he's going to be one of those players who the fans aren't always appreciative of but who is by the manager for his role within the team.
Plenty of things still to work on but you can't complain too much with a 2 - 0 win, definitely 'entertained today emoji6.png

Love to see us sort something out with Newcastle and sign him on a permanent deal,still only young as well

30 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Agree Conrad. The lad did not put a foot out of place nor pass. Was still running on late into the game. One of the best performances I've seen by a young man in a Vale shirt. Get him signed asap.

22 minutes ago, jeffers said:

Two underrated players that have shone for me are Dan Jones & Jamie Proctor. Jones is the full monty of a defender fleeting between centre & left back / wing. Proctor’s hold up play is immense, defenders just bounce off him and yet he still has some lovely delicate touches. Wish his volley in the last five minutes had gone in to cap a really good team performance.

Cass, Jones and Proctor are massive leg-ups to this Vale side. All superb today.

Archived