Match Thread: Port Vale v Harrogate Town

Fosse69

Unbeaten Harrogate arrive at Vale Park, away record played 2 won 2, and Luke Armstrong with 5 goals a joint leading goal scorer in L2. So not to be sneered at, but up against an improving Vale with 2 successive away wins against difficult teams. For Vale to lose 2 consecutive games at home against teams for the first time would be unfortunate. Another tough game, but start on the front foot and take control by HT. No doubt DC will shuffle his hand, but why not 2-0 to the Vale, the perfect time to start the roll? Who will sparkle to make their mark?

• Like 1

• Fosse69 changed the title to Match Thread: Port Vale v Harrogate Town
17 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Not really bothered which players are picked.

for the first time in years, whoever is picked is a big improvement on recent years.

It is a novelty having a choice, especially if different tactics are needed.

Just hope that we play better than we did against them last year.  They were a physical side that stopped us playing our pedestrian style of football.  Just hope that we start on the front foot and get an early breakthrough otherwise the fans may get impatient again.

7 hours ago, philmpv said:

I'd drop benning for this if he goes 352 again, provided Gibbons is considered ready. Too many goals have come from our left hand side when he's played. Aside from that, pretty much same again please!

I would agree with that,Gibbons has got to replace Benning

There is a friendly on Tuesday away at Burnley so he might get more minutes there,you would also think the likes of Amos,Taylor,Politic and Amoo will get run outs as well

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

We took four points off them and they didn't score against us.

But we didn't play well against them at home.  They were more than a match for us and the game itself was terrible as I recall.

Edited by NellyTheValiant

But we didn't play well against them at home.  They were more than a match for us and the game itself was terrible as I recall.
How do you distinguish that terrible game from the countless others since 2015?
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, philmpv said:

How do you distinguish that terrible game from the countless others since 2015? emoji38.png

I think it was just the fact that we'd started well and maybe expected more but we were terrible in the home game against them and just never got going.  They snuffed us out relatively easily.  The thing that I remember most was coming out of the ground incredibly frustrated as we put in such a half arsed performance.

2 minutes ago, NellyTheValiant said:

I think it was just the fact that we'd started well and maybe expected more but we were terrible in the home game against them and just never got going.  They snuffed us out relatively easily.  The thing that I remember most was coming out of the ground incredibly frustrated as we put in such a half arsed performance.

Have a job it was behind closed doors ! 

They parked the bus and got what they came for. You'd hope that given their league position they'll come to play the game rather than shut up shop 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There didn't seem to be any fight in us that game and we were easily bullied
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Have a job it was behind closed doors ! 

They parked the bus and got what they came for. You'd hope that given their league position they'll come to play the game rather than shut up shop 

Okay then turning the telly off.....I'm getting old.

• Haha 2

Unbeaten means very little. If we don’t offer goals on a plate to Rochdale or give ourselves no chance of recovery going down to 10 on the opener, we are unbeaten. It’s all fine margins and the league is going to be very very tight come the end of the season.

I seem to remember these started well last year, then when teams got wise to their 20% gradient, conference-conceived pitch they started getting found out.

They’ll be swallowed in the clay, and we’ll make them pay.