onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Harrogate Town

Fosse69

Advert

Really happy with Saturday's performance. I also really liked the referee's leniency. There's an argument that he should have sent Diamond off sooner and with a surname like that, the ref should have known he was going to be rough and looking for blood.... I quite liked the way Vale handled this more physical team and I think Harrogate in their previous 2 games had come back from behind to win and even with 11 men in the first half they didn't look threatening at all.

Clarke was critical of the second half performance but 2-0, they are missing a man - I think they were in two minds to protect the lead and keep a clean sheet rather than seek out more goals.

I'm really getting good vibes from the team, the way they celebrate together. I noticed Proctor making efforts to play Wilson in rather than go on himself, almost like he wanted Wilson to score just as much as our number 9 did.

There's room for improvement and I do want to defend Pett. He did give the ball away a few times on Saturday but stepping into the DM role in Walker's absence I thought he did a solid under the radar performance.

As the games go on, players are now starting to cement their position in the starting lineup. I want to see more of Cass. I thought he was awful against Rochdale, mis-placed passes, players getting past him but he's had two great games since and I wonder if we were to buy him what figure Newcastle are expecting.

Is there any doubt now that this squad is better than last year's? Other than maybe Stevenage, the teams we have played so far are all in the top half of the table (Just checked, Carlisle are 13th), we've taken all points from 2 teams in the top 3.

I know it's hard for a lot of people at the moment financially but I'm hoping this run of results will also mean higher attendances too. We've benefited from a warm late summer but as the temperature starts to drop I hope these results can tempt another 1000 over the coming months.

43 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Really happy with Saturday's performance. I also really liked the referee's leniency. There's an argument that he should have sent Diamond off sooner and with a surname like that, the ref should have known he was going to be rough and looking for blood.... I quite liked the way Vale handled this more physical team and I think Harrogate in their previous 2 games had come back from behind to win and even with 11 men in the first half they didn't look threatening at all.

Clarke was critical of the second half performance but 2-0, they are missing a man - I think they were in two minds to protect the lead and keep a clean sheet rather than seek out more goals.

I'm really getting good vibes from the team, the way they celebrate together. I noticed Proctor making efforts to play Wilson in rather than go on himself, almost like he wanted Wilson to score just as much as our number 9 did.

There's room for improvement and I do want to defend Pett. He did give the ball away a few times on Saturday but stepping into the DM role in Walker's absence I thought he did a solid under the radar performance.

As the games go on, players are now starting to cement their position in the starting lineup. I want to see more of Cass. I thought he was awful against Rochdale, mis-placed passes, players getting past him but he's had two great games since and I wonder if we were to buy him what figure Newcastle are expecting.

Is there any doubt now that this squad is better than last year's? Other than maybe Stevenage, the teams we have played so far are all in the top half of the table (Just checked, Carlisle are 13th), we've taken all points from 2 teams in the top 3.

I know it's hard for a lot of people at the moment financially but I'm hoping this run of results will also mean higher attendances too. We've benefited from a warm late summer but as the temperature starts to drop I hope these results can tempt another 1000 over the coming months.

I think the last 2 games have seen Cass in his natural position and he’s looked more comfortable there. He may be able to fill in at right back or wing back on the odd occasion, but IMO he isn’t a natural in those positions and if Gibbo or Worrall are fit then he should never start there.

I think we can only get better I mean Benning whipped two fantastic balls in last ten minutes both resulting in nearly goals J Taylor has come on looked really lively as well as the lad Lloyd and Amoo who I think is very good player on his day hasn't managed get in the team yet only in Cup games .

The squad looks very good to me with every player who have being added adding a lot of very good attributes I mean that Pett never far away from putting a challenge in always trying get on the ball I mean Ben Garrity it's years since we had a player who wants get in there and score and you could arguably say he could already have scored 5 times this season so this side of ours fills me with excitement I look forwards to getting to as many games as possible to cheer them on .

UTV 

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

13/14 season possibly ?

Brentford 7500

Bradford 6500

Wolves 12600 

I reckon you're right! On the back of a first promotion in 20 seasons and against far bigger sides (two of whom are now in the Prem).

More signs of a club going in the right direction.

16 minutes ago, jjvale_03 said:

I reckon you're right! On the back of a first promotion in 20 seasons and against far bigger sides (two of whom are now in the Prem).

More signs of a club going in the right direction.

I suppose on the flip-side of that, the difference this season is people weren't able to see the team play for over a year so it's kind of "You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone"

Archived