onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Harrogate Town

Fosse69

Advert

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

I can't work out if Benning is unfit, unconfident, unbothered, or just distracted by stuff going on in his personal life. Sometime's not quite right.

He looks a combination of slow and lacking confidence in the final third. I thought he was far more physical than he is. 

15 minutes ago, SFBT said:

Benning doesn't appear to offer much, but created three good chances in the last 10 minutes.

To be fair they were down to ten men and he had the freedom of the left hand side so it’s no wonder he managed to get a couple of crosses in. But even then he did struggle to get going for a while. I’m with @Doha something doesn’t seem right, maybe it’s confidence or just a loss of form. 

I hope DC is committed to Vale for his whole contract, because I can see us going from strength to strength under him on and off the pitch. People in football who know the old Vale and the new Vale will have seen Darrell’s hand in that and be impressed. He’s the one manager I’ve seen probably in my lifetime that I think if we lose him we cannot replace him and we’ll be undeniably set back from our goals. When Micky left for Sheffield United I thought we’ll just replace him and that’s that. I’d be gutted if we lost DC.
He turned down the Leeds United job when at Bristol Rovers. So if he's somewhere where he's happy he's committed alright.

3 hours ago, philpvfc said:

TBF 123 is a pathetic turnout, we have an average gate 2.5 times higher but if we were in the same position we would take at least 6 times more fans.

Gibbons coming back has made all the difference, what I have seen this season, Benning has been our weak link who hasn’t fit in to the team yet. We are certainly looking a lot better than the first few games of the season, let’s keep this consistently and we should go up this season. 

We took 233 to Swindon on a Saturday. Hopefully take 350 to Scunthorpe. Let's see if we take 738 to Harrogate ?

2 hours ago, 1 said:

I have always been confident under Clarke that the defence will be really solid and every aspect of the team will get better. My only worry with the team was goals, but I think this squad has always been designed to share them around, then if someone pops off with 20 it’s just a bonus.

This squad is good enough for top 3, just keep the injuries under control.

Bookmakers haven’t cottoned on yet if anyone wants to make some holiday money for next year.

Had us to top the league at the start 20/1 and had 100ew on it so here is hoping

57 minutes ago, Frank Mustard said:
1 hour ago, 1 said:
I hope DC is committed to Vale for his whole contract, because I can see us going from strength to strength under him on and off the pitch. People in football who know the old Vale and the new Vale will have seen Darrell’s hand in that and be impressed. He’s the one manager I’ve seen probably in my lifetime that I think if we lose him we cannot replace him and we’ll be undeniably set back from our goals. When Micky left for Sheffield United I thought we’ll just replace him and that’s that. I’d be gutted if we lost DC.

He turned down the Leeds United job when at Bristol Rovers. So if he's somewhere where he's happy he's committed alright.

He seems to really like our owners as well,so as long as we back him then i think we will be ok 

2 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Not the player we thought we were signing. More to come or did Mansfield know something and that is why they let him go ?

He wasn’t figuring at Mansfield under Clough, who I think had bought another player in as a LB/LWB. I’m pretty sure I heard somewhere Clough said they’d sat down and had a chat about things so perhaps decided a parting of the ways was the order of the day.

Probably just form/confidence is the issue, who knows.  Certainly at this level most players are a bit up and down and Benning is going to be no exception.  Obviously, the more consistent performers are picked up by clubs in higher divisions so the fact that he’s still plying his trade in the basement perhaps speaks volumes.

I like him and think he’ll improve, but whether he’ll be first choice in that position remains to be seen given that Gibbo can play there.  Both players get forward well but Gibbo by far the better defender in my view.

42 minutes ago, jeffers said:

He wasn’t making Mansfield’s starting eleven last season, so presumably that’s why he looked for pastures new. I thought with all the hype that it was Mel who chose the one year deal, now I’m not so sure.

That's not true . He played 32 league games. He didn't play at the end of the season because there was a mutual agreement he was seeking pastures new . 

Archived