onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Harrogate Town

Fosse69

11 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I should add - and forgive me if it’s already been said - I thought Cass and Jones were very good today and only fractionally behind Worrall as MoTM. I also thought Taylor gave a very industrious cameo and Lloyd has a bit about him.

Taylor when he came on looked like the Taylor we had the first time around,busy and looking to move forward and getting, involved,not the one who came back in January who looked sluggish and off the pace,so what  a bonus this could be for us especially with the likes of Politic still to come

Advert

13 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Very short thread so far . Be page 15 by now if we'd lost. 

I know we have to be patient but this horrible pathetic bunch of cloggers are one of many reasons to get out of this league. 

Unbeaten, second in the league, first ever visit to Vale park and they brought 123 fans. Utterly pathetic Mickey Mouse outfit. They came to spoil again and got their just desserts. 

With regards to the concussion business I'm not making light of it because the bloke had head bandaged and was down a while. But from where I was sat the second time he went down he was holding his left shin so I'm not overly convinced it was concussion. 

A professional performance and comfortable victory against a side who are clearly not concerned about airs and graces about how they get a result. 

I don't get this "micky mouse outfit"?  they are who they are, they are punching above their weight. Like it or not Morecambe, Forest Green, Sutton, Fleetwood, Salford, etc are here to stay. If Oldham or any established EFL club brought 123 then we would all agree with you. Credit to the Harrogate fans for travelling. 

TBF 123 is a pathetic turnout, we have an average gate 2.5 times higher but if we were in the same position we would take at least 6 times more fans.

Gibbons coming back has made all the difference, what I have seen this season, Benning has been our weak link who hasn’t fit in to the team yet. We are certainly looking a lot better than the first few games of the season, let’s keep this consistently and we should go up this season. 

Hi, can we please get back on topic. If you want to discuss songs to sing then that should be in a different thread from the one discussion the action on the pitch. 

Some posts have been hidden now to prevent this thread going off on a tangent 😉

Thanks!

30 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Gibbo looked great till he tired. He's barely played since the pandemic started so its going to take a bit of time, but he looked sharp and dangerous. 

For me, it's definitely fingers crossed we can keep Gibbo and Conlon fit this season as they both add so much.

I think it's going to be the same with Conlon too. He's not quite there and back to the levels of last season. That's no criticism as he was exceptional last season and is currently only back from injury. I think that's just him catching up on sharpness. Even at 90-95% he's a very good player but when Tom's back to 100% I think he'll be a class above just as Gibbo will be.

Just now, werstayinup said:

Just want to say for what Worrall has given us over the last few years he deserves League One football

Onwards and Upwards

Don't like raking up the past but i will 😂 

What on earth went on between him and Aspin god only knows. The fact he was ditched considering we were so awful was staggering.

Anyway back to positivity, he's superb. His workrate and commitment in any game is never in question. Absolutely runs his socks off and from the outside seems the sort of pro who would play in goal if Clarke asked him.

We've all been frustrated at times that the wing back system doesn't suit him but again yesterday popped up all over adding a goal to last weeks assist. 

Great player. 

7 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

What on earth went on between him and Aspin god only knows. The fact he was ditched considering we were so awful was staggering.

Anyway back to positivity, he's superb. His workrate and commitment in any game is never in question. Absolutely runs his socks off and from the outside seems the sort of pro who would play in goal if Clarke asked him.

We've all been frustrated at times that the wing back system doesn't suit him but again yesterday popped up all over adding a goal to last weeks assist. 

Great player. 

I mentioned in another post how I like Cass in the back three as he steps up so often. I do think that has helped Worrall a little bit. He knows there's someone there who will step up and offer some cover on the flank and it allows Worrall to get more up the pitch and leave his defensive duties a bit. That's taking nothing away from Wozza, who was my MOTM by a country mile on Saturday and who has been superb for a number of seasons. But it's why I like seeing Cass in the back three as it does seem to give Worrall more freedom to attack.

6 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Great player. 

Lets also add that he loves playing here so for me it is majorly important we get him signed up again as he is out of contract at the end of the season

9 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Great player. 

That’s more down to fans thinking they know more than the manager on players and positions 

The general quality all over the park is evident! Some of the passes played were exceptional, just over elaborate a little in the second half. We are really beginning to play some very nice football, if we continue like this then the future could be very exciting.

Archived