onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Harrogate Town

Fosse69

Enjoyed many aspects of today's game .

The two goals were smashing really excellent finishes from Worrall and Wilson yet I felt we never got out of second gear but we did pass the ball very well at times .

On the whole after scoring early in second half I thought we would have moved up a gear  I felt we never did so to win and be comfortable was really pleasing .

Worrall was immense pleased for Wilson that's a brilliant goal ,Pett was everywhere didn't see much of Conlon ,everybody at the  back was good apart from the odd lapse .

Proctor does a lot of great team play really like him .

Advert

2 hours ago, philmpv said:

Before I forget again, can anybody tell me what that song is that plays between the wonder of you and Robbie Williams? The one everybody seems to clap along to?

Penny Arcade by Roy Orbison. If you You tube Rangers Fc doing it before their games, it's fantastic. Would love it if we could engage with it in a similar way. Would be great on promotion day 😀

Very short thread so far . Be page 15 by now if we'd lost. 
I know we have to be patient but this horrible pathetic bunch of cloggers are one of many reasons to get out of this league. 
Unbeaten, second in the league, first ever visit to Vale park and they brought 123 fans. Utterly pathetic Mickey Mouse outfit. They came to spoil again and got their just desserts. 
With regards to the concussion business I'm not making light of it because the bloke had head bandaged and was down a while. But from where I was sat the second time he went down he was holding his left shin so I'm not overly convinced it was concussion. 
A professional performance and comfortable victory against a side who are clearly not concerned about airs and graces about how they get a result. 

We wouldn’t be punished regarding the concussion sub anyway. Harrogate made the four changes which in turn entitled us to, although the referee would have to confirm it was a concussion sub thus then informing us we can use an extra sub to even it up.

I was confused watching it as Harrogate through on a fourth sub… then we did so had to check the rules on it myself. Our fourth sub was entirely legit based on the actions of Harrogate. Had he not gone off with concussion then we’d have only been allowed three.

Plus assume if we tried to do something illegal there the referee wouldn’t allow the sub regardless.

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

Maybe, but i can see the managers point because if you let your tempo and standards slip it be an be difficult to raise your game again if you need to later on. Luckily that didn’t have to happen, although if I remember correctly they did have one golden chance second half that they blazed over from a set piece that got knocked back into the 6 yard box. I’m probably nit picking because overall it seemed quite easy for us and the game was a walk in the park. 

They're always going to get a chance at some point. I think they were also happy to just see the game out and lose by a couple rather than really go for it to try and get back in the game and perhaps be on the end of a 4 or 5 zero scoreline. I felt both teams pretty much accepted the result at 2-0 and the game was as good as done from then on.

The silence is deafening from the usual boo boys just goes to show they dont support the vale all they want is to criticise and be negative. Weve had a very tough start fixture wise and weve come out from it with a nice points total and were only going to get better. I really think playoffs is the minimum we will finish this season. From what ive seen so far nobody is better than us and i think weve probably got the strongest squad in the league. I know its early doors and its easy to get carried away but i think darrell has got together a really good squad and they are all playing for him. Anyone who thinks this summers business hasnt improved us seriously needs to get there eyes tested. 

Thoroughly enjoyed that today. Thought that was a controlled performance from us and to swat aside a previously undefeated opponent and look like we haven’t really scratched the surface of what this team can achieve yet has to be encouraging. Think that was why DC was reluctant to bask in it too much after the game.

Worralls goal is probably the best have seen live since Conlons against Yeovil a few years back. Thrilled for Wilson also, he has done almost everything else right in the last few games apart from put one in the net so glad to see his hard work pay off.

Great to see Jake get a few minutes as well, he seemed quite sharp I thought and Lloyd for someone who isn’t the biggest lad he doesn’t get pushed off the ball easily.

Covolan 7 nowt do 

Cass 8 passes it superbly 

Smith 8 had a very good game didn't look in any trouble against any of there forwards and if his header if it  was on target first half was a goal but not to be 

Jones 8 he is quality no doubt about it 

Gibbons 6 quiet reintroduction but did nowt wrong as such 

Pett 8 everywhere works his preverbials off like him a lot always competing 

Conlon 6 very quiet hardly noticed he was playing not really stamping his ability on the game 

Garrity 7 another grafter like Pett maybe he should have scored in second half but put it over .

Wilson 8 classy goal think he as abundance of quality that goal will do him the world of good .

Proctor 7 like him puts himself about links play as terrific feet maybe should have scored with that volley near the end of game puts a tremendous shift in gamely .

Worralll 9 what a goal looking back a minute later maybe could have had another but his overall game was smashing 

Subs 

Taylor 6 

Benning 6 

Lloyd 6 

All in all a very good days work helped by player for them getting sent off but lets be honest we played better against there 11 than there 10 .

A few alarms but only one real half chance for Harrogate 

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I really do think he is going do very well for us now and for the long term,the whole new set up has been a breath of fresh air for the club and long may it continue

Agree, it is starting to look really positive.  Yes, its only September, and yes we are still in League 2, but this club is being turned around and starting to move. Great professional result toda against an unbeaten typically stubborn league 2 outfit.

Regarding the long term future, I hope we can get some success before some desperate money bags chairman comes in for what we have. 

Covolan is really beginning to looks solid and dependable, his ability to come and claim from crosses and corners is a breath of fresh air compared to prior years.

The back 3 looked immense, would be moving heaven and earth to sign Cass up permenantly in January. Smith is really growing into his role as leader at the back, doesn't need his hand held by Legge anymore. Jones one of the signings of the season so far.

Gibbo being back is huge for us, even on his less favoured side he was a big upgrade on Benning. Worrall absolutely immense with one of the best vale goals I've seen live.

The middle three did well without playing spectacular. Pett particularly had an off day but overall they had enough to keep on top of the Harrogate midfield. Taylor looked bright when he came on.

Really happy for Wilson. Hopefully this will kick him on, Proctor could have had at least one towards the end too and will probably be kicking himself. Lloyd looked impressive too when he came on, another one I'd be making enquiries about for a January bid.

Overall a professional, controlled performance heading into a decent run of games, UTV!

Few lads very quiet tonight.

An easy, stress-free win in which we breezed through with our feet up against an unbeaten team.

Covolan is safe as houses. 

Few people will look very silly/post half-hearted 'humble pie' apologies come season end. They know who they are.

Archived