onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Dennis Politic

robf

I thought this was quite a revealing interview:

Reading between the lines, it sounds like Evatt is a bit miffed Politic hasn't signed a contract offered too him and certainly the comments about him having to "train well" and "earn the right" to play sound a little bit like Evatt has an issue with his attitude.

I also think Evatt is wrong on why Vale aren't playing him. He seems to second-guess us and say he has to "earn" a place in the side but I think that's a bit harsh. I can see why Vale haven't risked him yet. This is potentially a long-term loan and he's had a serious injury. It's probably better to make sure the player is 100% fit and ready rather than rush him into the side and risk another injury - so it's fair enough he's not being rushed in yet. It's a long season after all.

Whatever his situation at Vale, after reading that article, it doesn't look like a very promising future at Bolton awaits Dennis.

Advert

8 minutes ago, robf said:

reading that article, it doesn't look like a very promising future at Bolton awaits Dennis.

Good. If their fans raving about him has substance then we could possibly pinch a cracking signing at the end of the season. 

Good. If their fans raving about him has substance then we could possibly pinch a cracking signing at the end of the season. 
Or January for a small fee if we're so minded and he wants to come permanently. Until I see him for a number of games though, I don't know if he's any good or not. Not relying on Bolton fan's opinions after what was said about Benning and Garrity!

31 minutes ago, Doha said:

Maybe we have already had a few whispers in his ear and that's why he hasn't signed the contract they have offered him as yet,i really do hope to see him play soon though(cant see him joining a club that he doesn't get a game in) after what the Bolton fans have said. Evatts words cant have done Politic and Bolton any good,Evatt reminds me a bit of Artell and how he talks

No idea if the lads up to the job or not hopefully he is and if he is more than he is not then thats a good signing .

Let's hope we get see the lad at some point I've heard good things about him cannot understand why bring a player in to never get any game time yet the likes of Smith get game after game with never being dropped and he has being part of the decline throughout with only one  season of hope the covid hit one the one where 8000 of us racked up at the  etihad but yet he seems irreplaceable and loved by all the managers we have lost Bruno Aspin Brown Askey etc since and keeps getting the nod forever more .

Give the new signings more minutes I say 

UTV 

No idea if the lads up to the job or not hopefully he is and if he is more than he is not then thats a good signing .
Let's hope we get see the lad at some point I've heard good things about him cannot understand why bring a player in to never get any game time yet the likes of Smith get game after game with never being dropped and he has being part of the decline throughout with only one  season of hope the covid hit one the one where 8000 of us racked up at the  etihad but yet he seems irreplaceable and loved by all the managers we have lost Bruno Aspin Brown Askey etc since and keeps getting the nod forever more .
UTV 
I think the fact that 5 different managers in succession have rated Smith to the point where he's in the team every week says a lot more about his ability and professionalism than what some fans think

2 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I think the fact that 5 different managers in succession have rated Smith to the point where he's in the team every week says a lot more about his ability and professionalism than what some fans think emoji38.png

I Agree hopefully he is now part of a squad what improves him no end ,they rate him and that all what counts. 

9 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

UTV 

Think I’d be trusting what managers and coaches are seeing every day in training and in games over a bloke on his pc in Alsager who hates stoke fans and weirdly thinks one player is responsible for us being in league 2.  You’ve got an unhealthy obsession. 

The Politic signing is a strange one because  IMO he isn’t going to start at all in this formation. So my guess is that he’s there for those games when we need to adopt a formation change. I  can’t imagine he’s happy at signing and not being involved at all though. 

9 hours ago, philmpv said:

I think the fact that 5 different managers in succession have rated Smith to the point where he's in the team every week says a lot more about his ability and professionalism than what some fans think emoji38.png

A few years ago at Forest Green my better half recognised the Torquay manager sitting near us - Kevin Nicholson at the time.  He went to chat to him and ask why he was at the game.  He said he'd come to watch Nathan Smith whom he'd had on loan the season before.  He couldn't speak highly enough of Smith and said he was an absolute warrior. 

Archived