Booing your own players....

cactuselves

10 hours ago, ginge said:
What a great supporter you are booing your own players.

I surport our team on the field. During and after the game...but not when they take the knee before the game.Why dont they do it on the car park or in the dressing room.why in the faces of their surporters who just want to watch them play footie.Not see a political statement...

EDIT Taking the Knee thread now open in the Political section

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Davebrad said:
10 hours ago, ginge said:
What a great supporter you are booing your own players.

I surport our team on the field. During and after the game...but not when they take the knee before the game.Why dont they do it on the car park or in the dressing room.why in the faces of their surporters who just want to watch them play footie.Not see a political statement...

I don't personally agree with the knee but if the players want to do it I am not going to boo them because in my eyes that's not what a supporter does before they've even kicked a ball. Oh come on we both know it'd be pointless doing it in the dressing room! The idea is to raise awareness about racism including in football. For me the social media boycott is a good idea. But what about remembrance day minute silences? Minute silences when someone passes away? Should we get rid of them because supporters just want to see football.

The knee takes how long? Why not turn away or close your eyes if it bothers you? It's hardly in your face. For starters nowadays the pitch is miles away from the stand! 

On 10/09/2021 at 00:20, LancyTony said:

Contrary to some on here: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjTwLC56PLyAhXzoFwKHWxbC5oQFnoECCgQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fdictionary.cambridge.org%2Fdictionary%2Fenglish%2Fsupport&usg=AOvVaw2x9GF5Y7Wch0_yXuticnkGhere/"to give encouragement and approval to someone or something because you want the person or thing to succeed:" Yes - I've booed Vale teams before...but only after the game, and never aimed at just one player - it's a team game!

We'll boo next time after the next game! 😀

Edited by Pokitren