Match Thread: Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

2 minutes ago, Ron C said:

Did you? I don't think I did.

Don't count your chickens and don't get carried away with hyperbole like other teams will be more concerned with us because that is just silly talk.

Not 1 person is getting carried away. 

This could be anything but my guess would be 3-5-2 too. Some strange selections and we seem to have no continuity in our front two. No Walker and no Amoo on the bench either. 
Looks like 3-5-2 to me aswell, not that keen on Wozza being a wing back, think he's much more dangerous when he hasn't got to chase back as much.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, toyahw said:

If it's three at the back, why replace Martin with Cass? Cass doesn't look like a CB to me,  more likely RB in a four? Interesting selection to say the least. Let's hope it works.

Both changes Cass and Rodney were poor last week. Redemption today I hope. 

I can only assume 4-3-3. But a little light in terms of legs and bite in midfield I think, would have had gone Walker ahead of Pett, especially with fairly attacking FB’s. Also concerned about yet another CB pairing, I hope Jones is a good organiser / communicator. Benning and Rodney were both awful last week, albeit playing in (what I hope are) more natural positions this week. I think we’re going to get a bit overrun personally, but I’ve been calling for 4-3-3 so we’ll see. C’mon Lads, prove me wrong and bring home the points.

4 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Smith in for a battle this afternoon.

Yes, he's up against Tyreece Simpson, 19 year old loanee from Ipswich who was once offered a contract by Leicester Tigers to play professional rugby. Meat and drink one would guess for Leon, the old master, but Nathan will clearly have his hands full.

• Like 2