Jump to content

Match Thread: Swindon Town v Port Vale


Fosse69

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, mattpvfc said:

2-0 Swindon I'm afraid

I'm more afraid,3-0, I'm afraid. Be chuffed at owt better but fear this is DC's wake up call. Hope I'm wrong and all can rub my nose in it ... I also predict Ronaldo to totally mess things up at man.u with his monster ego upsetting th'apple cart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so pleased there are people who think we'll lose.

I'm very uncomfortable with feeling hopeful. It usually means we get beaten, and disappoint in the process by being poor.

I just have a hunch.

We'll see...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, SFBT said:

I'm so pleased there are people who think we'll lose.

I'm very uncomfortable with feeling hopeful. It usually means we get beaten, and disappoint in the process by being poor.

I just have a hunch.

We'll see...

Most of our support are just plain negative .

They should look at the bigger picture we have a talented bunch of players and I'm reading we losing to nil .

We will score ,I hope they are silenced tomorrow ,we beat ourselves last week with our sloppiness I expect a much better defensive performance tomorrow and to be honest if we play to win there's no reason why we cannot ,go forwards Vale and do what you being doing in games but not getting rewarded for .

Couldn't care less about this bogey side nonsense let's not hide behind excuses let's go there to win 

UTV 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Most of our support are just plain negative .

They should look at the bigger picture we have a talented bunch of players and I'm reading we losing to nil .

We will score ,I hope they are silenced tomorrow ,we beat ourselves last week with our sloppiness I expect a much better defensive performance tomorrow and to be honest if we play to win there's no reason why we cannot ,go forwards Vale and do what you being doing in games but not getting rewarded for .

Couldn't care less about this bogey side nonsense let's not hide behind excuses let's go there to win 

UTV 

Hope you are right and I'm wrong...time will show the wiser.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be a nice, comfortable Vale win. Swindon may have been a bit better than expected but we have a much better team and should win again. 2-0 Vale. They have not scored bagfuls of goals, so surely even our defense can keep them at bay? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

This will be a nice, comfortable Vale win. Swindon may have been a bit better than expected but we have a much better team and should win again. 2-0 Vale. They have not scored bagfuls of goals, so surely even our defense can keep them at bay? 

I don't think I've ever been this confident about us playing anyone! Especially away from home!

Hope you're right!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Is it a case that Swindon bought a lot better than us in a much shorter window or is it a case of a very good start by Swindon which will fade?

Don’t know much about Swindon and who they’ve signed but they have made a better start than us but we will have a better idea after today’s game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this game is set up perfectly for us. They'll come at us with high expectations and play right into our stubborn path.

 

Proverbial 'Banana Skin'.

 

Bring it on. Play without fear and without the expectation of a big home crowd to keep happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no reason that we can't get something from this if we are on top of our game. I don't subscribe to the bogey team theory. I just hope that DC gets his tactics and subs right this week.

UTV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



I think this game is set up perfectly for us. They'll come at us with high expectations and play right into our stubborn path.
 
Proverbial 'Banana Skin'.


I don't see why they would. We've played well in the main, defended really well Rochdale aside and are amongst the top chance creators in the league. Just haven't got the rub of the green a couple of times. I think most teams in this League will be more mindful of us than we are of them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF

    Ale & Vale

    Ale and the Vale podcast

    Barewall

    Barewall Gallery

    Paine Proffitt

    Paine Proffitt

    Alex Steventon Photography

    Alex Steventon Photography

    Action Freeze

    Action Freeze images




×
×
  • Create New...