Match Thread: Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 hour ago, theresonlyonemcphee said:

He could barely walk for the last 20 mins or so against Rochdale but we’d used all our subs

As you say he got clattered in a tackle and was struggling there on.

Very difficult decision to make three early subs and hope for no injuries.

Thinking back to last sat is there any way we could play Walker  Pett Garrity and Conlon because while watching I observed that there number 8 was having a easy afternoon going unchallenged for a lot of it and I was thinking go and drop one of our midfield lads on him limiting his impact on the game we never did and he possession wise for them got there game going however if we stuck one of our four on him and restricted him then I  feel that there would have been no  way back into the game for them the fact it happened from 15 minute to 90 worried me somewhat we have to react quicker than that with good leadership on the pitch or the manager stopping that from occurring in my opinion .

So lots of things to ponder could Conlon play off Proctor as his high energy press could be the ticket however that means no Wilson lots to ponder though as maybe giving up half the pitch at times is not going suit us especially if defend so poorly yet again in future games ,it happened far too many times last season in my opinion .

So high press and not allowing the opposition string any passes together and that starts from the front I think with the players we are more than capable of giving Conlon licence to shoot and roam .

That's what I like about this squad and we haven't played Politic yet and he can beat a man allegedly or Amoo who I have always liked why because he is positive and he can score but no good scoring if hand easy possession and momentum to the opposition. 

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner

5 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

They can still only bring 3 on though...

Thought it was five subs you can bring on to be honest if the 11 are doing there job well you do not or shouldn't have change anyone .

Think last sat the two half time subs were uncalled for as we could have repeated the first 15 second half as the  first plus Jones and his long throw eventually its going bear fruit at some point .

UTV 

6 hours ago, The French Connection said:

Certainly the first, and arguably the second as well. 

The highlights make it look like Covolan could've done more for the first and the third, but in real time in the ground he had no chance. Particularly with the 1st which was fizzed across and he had no chance with. I'd have liked to have seen him come and take everything for the 3rd, but that would've risked giving away a peno and potentially another red - which he can ill afford from a personal perspective.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, philmpv said:
10 hours ago, The French Connection said:
Certainly the first, and arguably the second as well. 

How on earth was he responsible for the first?

I sit about 10 rows back to the right of the goal in the Bycars . Was almost slow motion. I had a perfect view . 

It was a quality placed header , as you say he wasn't responsible.

He had little chance.