Match Thread: Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Was sad to hear Clarke mention Scapegoat in his interview after the game. 

Absolutely no need .

We all know an average show against Harrogate and some will boo at the end. Crazy. 

Its a state of affairs when a manager has to say that to national press after one month of a new season - some absolute bonkers plonkers out there - there hasnt been this much to cheer about since the JR era 

• Like 2

Excellent result and now need to consolidate by beating Harrogate. I was sort of alarmed when I saw the team sheet thinking that the defence was vulnerable in the air. But they got the job done and actually the defence if you take the back five can play decent football as a unit when in possession. Especially when the goalie joins in. I would like to see them do that in this game because I thought we failed to exploit the forward marking our goalie when kicking v Rochdale. Aside from knocking him out of course! 

Its a state of affairs when a manager has to say that to national press after one month of a new season - some absolute bonkers plonkers out there - there hasnt been this much to cheer about since the JR era 
Who was he referring to? Do we know? I don't think that anybody who has played notable minutes aside from Covolan has been unfairly and persistently targeted for OTT criticism. Rodney was dire against Rochdale and hasn't been great in most games. Benning has been poor. Both should rightly expect to be criticised. But scapegoats? I honestly don't think either can say that they have been unfairly treated?

scapegoat

/ˈskeɪpɡəʊt/

noun

a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency.

7 minutes ago, philmpv said:
19 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

Who was he referring to? Do we know? I don't think that anybody who has played notable minutes aside from Covolan has been unfairly and persistently targeted for OTT criticism. Rodney was dire against Rochdale and hasn't been great in most games. Benning has been poor. Both should rightly expect to be criticised. But scapegoats? I honestly don't think either can say that they have been unfairly treated?

When I criticised Rodney after Rochdale I described specifically what he failed at. And I felt others did as well. But Rodney is far from a hopeless case, I think he has improved with coaching. With Benning I haven't seen him play enough except to make general criticism of the type the manager made himself after the Rochdale game in describing the defending as shocking. 

Edited by Warren

27 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

Plonkers, indeed. Check the comments below this Sentinel article. I mean, honestly, do people even think before they post such garbage? Or do they just want to have a moan for the sake of having nothing better to do?

And this is after a win away at Swindon for the first time in donkey's years!

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/no-doubt-head-coaching-leaves-5901605

Edited by VantaaVale

3 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Tyrese Simpson is a real handful. On loan from Ipswich. 

Someone I'd keep an eye on in the future with a view to signing.

I thought that Smith handled him quite well given his size and strength certainly after the 1st couple of times that they came together.

Also noticed that he gave Cass a bit of a nudge in the back to give him space at the back post for his goal.

BTW what is it with some people?

Twit.jpeg

Tyrese Simpson is a real handful. On loan from Ipswich. 
Someone I'd keep an eye on in the future with a view to signing.
Could be they will be calling him back if their form continues, did a massive shake-up which takes time to click.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, philmpv said:

scapegoat

/ˈskeɪpɡəʊt/

noun

a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency.

I took it more as referring to general boo boying in the ground as I doubt any Vale officials/players would be daft enough to read some of the idiocy on these forums

11 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Given stuff like the high profile Eriksen and Muamba incidents cretins like PVFC Brandon should be up before the courts for posting stuff like that. Disgraceful. 

Looks like his account has been deleted now. This account doesn’t exist

• Like 5

I dont want to jinx us but i think top 7 is the minimum we will finish- who has a better squad than us ive yet to see one. We are only going to get better i think once everything clicks and we find some consistency we will be closer to the top rather than pushing top seven at the end of the season

Just now, connor hackett said:
4 hours ago, Joe B said:
Trust the pruhcess.
Bet a few lads are gutted they couldn't trot that one out again yesterday.

The club shop shop be cashing in with an 80's style, Flickers says, trust the pruhcess, t-shirts

I'd hope not they've still got loads of 'Want Need Expect' and 'Feed The Pope' scarves hanging on the hooks in the shop.

I'd stick with the generic club shop tat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, connor hackett said:
4 hours ago, Joe B said:
Trust the pruhcess.
Bet a few lads are gutted they couldn't trot that one out again yesterday.

The club shop shop be cashing in with an 80's style, Flickers says, trust the pruhcess, t-shirts

With a speech bubble coming from Popey!😉

• Like 1