Match Thread: Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

5 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

It was a poor away following to be fair!

There were far more there than the figure they announced. Quite full around us and made more noise than the millions in the home stands. 

• Like 1

Excuse me?
Had an absolute howler here mate. I'm ultra positive at the present and posted on the thread post-match. I regularly disagree with RZ and love both Clarke and Flitcroft. I predicted pre-Rochdale we were about to go on a great run and loved the summer business.
You mix me up with someone or just making stuff up? Miles off.
Sorry mate you're absolutely right. My mistake. I actually meant Rory! Have no idea why I thought Joe B instead! Apologies
  • Like 1

Not that I want to be choirboys but I think the “sh1th0usery” and “assault” by Rodney things are way overstated. The Rodney incident was 5% contact, 95% snipper in row Z. Pressing high and playing in the corners when you’re winning in injury time is just normal standards that every team should expect. I thought they were decent but I rarely have an argument with the score in either direction. As with most games this season (with the exception of FGR who we totally outclassed) the margins have been very fine and the wuality of entertainment a significant upgrade from Vale and opponents.

2 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

Not that I want to be choirboys but I think the “sh1th0usery” and “assault” by Rodney things are way overstated. The Rodney incident was 5% contact, 95% snipper in row Z. Pressing high and playing in the corners when you’re winning in injury time is just normal standards that every team should expect. I thought they were decent but I rarely have an argument with the score in either direction. As with most games this season (with the exception of FGR who we totally outclassed) the margins have been very fine and the wuality of entertainment a significant upgrade from Vale and opponents.

Agree. But I love the idea that we are getting stuck in and making it generally as difficult and unpleasant as possible for the oppos. It’s not like we haven’t seen this sort of stuff a million times at home against us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Interesting comments from Dc in his post match.

Asking fans not to make scapegoats of new players who will need time to settle in… good luck with that DC Cale fans need a boo boy and will eat one out even if we are playing well.

I also liked his comment about Garrity doing everything he can to be a pro. He even has tests to make sure his nutrition is right and he is eating as good as he can… makes a change from a certain ex players “couple of pints on Saturday and Tuesday night but try dead hard on a Saturday”

DC is the <ovf censored> if u ask me 

He will end up a vale legend 👍

Up the vale mate 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

It was a poor away following to be fair!

I think that they reap what they sow, the £25 in from years ago certainly puts me off now, plus it's generally a rubbish away day, from the boozer to the score line.

We at least sorted one of those today.

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Love this… the lad is so genuine.

Turning into a proper fans favourite.

A poke in the eye for the couch scouts that wrote him off. won’t stop them doing it again to someone else though!

Boss......

• Haha 1

No sympathy from me for the guy who got walloped by Rodney. He seems to be the type who fancies he is wonderful. Went down on numerous occasions and one time made a dramatic Lazarus like recovery after rolling around on the half way line. 

Much amusement and boos from us at his CHEATING 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, toyahw said:

Gibbo was terrific when he came on. Looks just as comfortable on the left as the right. Really hope he stays fit because he is a right asset for us.

He must be a left asset as well then surely?

3 hours ago, blackdog said:

The coverage on RS has now become farcical, I cut them slack due to that lot down the road having a bigger fanbase, in my mind it would be ridiculous to have the same amount of coverage as them BUT the coverage tonight has been non existent and dare I say almost deliberate, Smith Johnson and Pejic all going on and on and on , I got the feeling that anything or anyone but don't mention Port Vale, I also know Carl only gets in touch when we lose but on my reckoning 50 minutes in before a mention is pushing the boundaries of fairness, come on Vale get promoted and embarrass them. 

Bit off topic considering today’s g8 result. I know I shouldn’t have done. But for the first time in 3 seasons and   against my better judgement  I put Radio stripy on at 5:15 hoping to listen to Dc’s post match interview, by 5:50 ish I was still painfully listening to the <ovf censored> knuckle draggers including Angela smith,(radio lards no 1 pundit) and  marvellous Mike pejic et al, celebrating  promotion 7 games in !!!!!! Subsequently I had to turn off to preserve my own sanity. Please, please Carol and co is there any way we can get our own match coverage an post match phone in without having to involve  BBC radio lard. 

• Like 5