onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

9 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Hopefully with the change in philosophy of the club, improving players will stay and move up with the Vale.

That has to be the aim? It would be nice to keep making good money on players, which would feed back into the club for future improvement. But, it would also be good to keep some of the better players with us, for a few seasons, to build on their performances in the tea,.

22 minutes ago, Budgie_2260 said:
1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:
What happened to "attack the post, not the poster"? I thought that was one of the rules of this forum. 

I'm bored with your constant attention seeking...

You could always deactivate your account, or block me if you don't want to see my opinions. 

It was the  right decision to let many of the players go over the summer that were let go but IMO Montano, Brown, Burgess and Joyce should have stayed. IMO If Tom Pope's shoulder wasn't injured as badly he also should have stayed and quite frankly I'm disgusted at the repeated sarcasm and below the belt comments about Tom's time at Vale by the same posters on OVF.

Why are the same posters repeatedly comparing the new signings with the players that were let go, why aren't they being compared with the better players that were at the club that DC kept. At the end of the day the goal is to get out of this league and into Lge 1 so Vale need to recruit players at least as good and preferable better than the likes of Smith, Legge,  Gibbo, Conlon, Worrall, Taylor and Rodney.

It is early days although it does look like some decent/good players have been recruited during the summer but time will tell where the new signings "rank" against the better players DC kept and whether this "New squad" are good enough to get Vale into the play-offs or auto promo spots.

One thing that makes me chuckle is some of the posters giving RZ a hard time now are the very same posters who were so giddy, in love and over the moon with Bruno Ribeiro's/Smurf's clear out and recruitment of ca 12 lower league players from overseas pre 2016/17 season.

When it was pointed out on OVF that none of these players had any experience of the EFL and generally had only played in lower leagues in Europe and that not only should Vale fans be concerned for the upcoming season but also the season after if these players remained. Thankfully the players eventually left but the abuse occurred.  

A little realism was in order then as it is now. For the record I am not comparing the strategy or players Ribeiro recruited with those recruited by DC/DF.

Two incredible strikes from Garrity, and not to forget the sublime ball out to the wing to set Worrall off for the first. Absolutely brilliant and just goes to show that buying into the manager’s ethos and formation will pay dividends. Onwards and upwards.

23 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

It was the  right decision to let many of the players go over the summer that were let go but IMO Montano, Brown, Burgess and Joyce should have stayed.

Montano not playing for Livingston. Brown is a coach. Burgess is still here and no one came in for him. Joyce is playing in Tier 6. Right decisions. If they can't do it at this level elsewhere, why should we have paid them another year's wages? Makes no sense, to me.

IMO If Tom Pope's shoulder wasn't injured as badly he also should have stayed and quite frankly I'm disgusted at the repeated sarcasm and below the belt comments about Tom's time at Vale by the same posters on OVF.

Tom has had his fair share of below the belt comments. 'Trust the Pruhcess' (putting on an accent), lambasting Montano's mental 'stability', calling people 'scumbags'. If he's going to take the mick out of our football club in such a damaging and public way, then you can't expect us to be reverential towards him. Hypocritical that he can say what he wants on a podcast and undermine the current set up, but we can't say anything about him. 

One thing that makes me chuckle is some of the posters giving RZ a hard time now are the very same posters who were so giddy, in love and over the moon with Bruno Ribeiro's/Smurf's clear out and recruitment of ca 12 lower league players from overseas pre 2016/17 season.

Any evidence for this? Which posters? Either way, it was 5 years ago. Maybe people just like to be positive about the club trying things?

Why are the same posters repeatedly comparing the new signings with the players that were let go, why aren't they being compared with the better players that were at the club that DC kept

As those players haven't been brought in to improve on existing players, they've been brought in to improve on departed players. I don't get your point. Proctor, Wilson, and Lloyd have replaced Pope, Robinson, Guthrie, Cullen etc. Garrity, Pett, Walker, have replaced Joyce, Whitehead, Burgess etc. Jones, Cass, Benning have been brought in to replace Mills, Fitzpatrick, Brisley. 

1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

It was the  right decision to let many of the players go over the summer that were let go but IMO Montano, Brown, Burgess and Joyce should have stayed. IMO If Tom Pope's shoulder wasn't injured as badly he also should have stayed and quite frankly I'm disgusted at the repeated sarcasm and below the belt comments about Tom's time at Vale by the same posters on OVF.

Why are the same posters repeatedly comparing the new signings with the players that were let go, why aren't they being compared with the better players that were at the club that DC kept. At the end of the day the goal is to get out of this league and into Lge 1 so Vale need to recruit players at least as good and preferable better than the likes of Smith, Legge,  Gibbo, Conlon, Worrall, Taylor and Rodney.

It is early days although it does look like some decent/good players have been recruited during the summer but time will tell where the new signings "rank" against the better players DC kept and whether this "New squad" are good enough to get Vale into the play-offs or auto promo spots.

When it was pointed out on OVF that none of these players had any experience of the EFL and generally had only played in lower leagues in Europe and that not only should Vale fans be concerned for the upcoming season but also the season after if these players remained. Thankfully the players eventually left but the abuse occurred.  

A little realism was in order then as it is now. For the record I am not comparing the strategy or players Ribeiro recruited with those recruited by DC/DF.

Quite frankly I’m embarrassed at the comments of Tom pope since he left vale. Lacking any kind of class what so ever. Why would you compare new signings to players that we have kept?? Surely you compare them to their signings.....

4 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Tom used the podcast to compare the players that have left to ones that are their now, why can't fans do the same.

8 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

quite frankly I'm disgusted at the repeated sarcasm and below the belt comments about Tom's time at Vale by the same posters on OVF.

Yes people, for the love of god, please only criticise players BEFORE they have kicked a ball for us!!

That way it has the maximum chance of damaging their confidence, their feelings towards the club and potentially their performance.

I’m not a fan of waiting until the player has left and then used his platform and status to undermine the club and divide the fan base.

Get your timings right people.

😐

14 hours ago, Joe B said:

Joyce. Tier 6.

Brown. Coaching.

Monty. Not playing.

Trickett-Smith. Leek.

Fitzpatrick. Barely playing for Altrincham.

Guthrie. India.

Robinson. Bench.

Visser. No club.

Scott. No club.

RCG. Hanley Town.

Manny. Conference.

Squad was absolutely dire. Flitcroft and Clarke will be proven right to tear it up. Not one player is contributing in any substantial way at the level we currently operate, and want to be at the top end of.

Good post had no idea Guthrie had gone to India.  The name of his club made me laugh though, FC RoundGlass Punjab😁, managed by our ex defender Ashley Westwood!

Just watiched the highligts of the Swindon win again....  

Then watched the lowlights of the same fixture from 2020.

My gosh, the difference between the perfromances is stark... Yes, this time its still early in the season and the last time we played was in late January, but thats the same for both sides. The difference in fitness, the number of players willing to attack, the commitment of the defence... The process is paying off...

Come on Darrell let the good times roll....

Archived