onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

I dont want to jinx us but i think top 7 is the minimum we will finish- who has a better squad than us ive yet to see one. We are only going to get better i think once everything clicks and we find some consistency we will be closer to the top rather than pushing top seven at the end of the season

Advert

Just now, connor hackett said:
4 hours ago, Joe B said:
Trust the pruhcess.
Bet a few lads are gutted they couldn't trot that one out again yesterday.

The club shop shop be cashing in with an 80's style, Flickers says, trust the pruhcess, t-shirts

I'd hope not they've still got loads of 'Want Need Expect' and 'Feed The Pope' scarves hanging on the hooks in the shop.

I'd stick with the generic club shop tat.

2 minutes ago, connor hackett said:
4 hours ago, Joe B said:
Trust the pruhcess.
Bet a few lads are gutted they couldn't trot that one out again yesterday.

The club shop shop be cashing in with an 80's style, Flickers says, trust the pruhcess, t-shirts

With a speech bubble coming from Popey!😉

Notice the wonder of vale page is very quiet as well. No bring back popey posts this week. 

Do find it odd that we have some ‘fans’ that seem to genuinely want us / Clarke to struggle. 
Had social media been around in the days of JR (even the best times) it would have been exactly the same. Sad, but true. They have nothing personally against DC. It could be anyone. Social media just gives people an immediate platform and, more importantly, audience without restrictions to say what they want. Unfortunately, those who are the angriest and nastiest tend to be the ones who jump on it.

Just now, Jacko51 said:

Delighted there was no McKirdy yesterday. Their local media said he had left the ground before the kick off. Genuine reason or rattle out of the pram I wonder?

I was talking to one of their fans Jacko before kick off and they told me he'd stormed off in a strop. But also Garner claimed him and another lad were injured.

Certainly carries baggage wherever he goes and these sort of stories aren't uncommon in his career. 

4 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Is RZ on holiday? asking for a friend 🙂 

Missing me? I guess part of the problem is that DC came in like "William large testicles" criticising the squad and the infrastructure of the club. Then there was a lot of hype about "the process" and the mass clear out of "dead wood". Fans have returned from their enforced absence from watching live football and results, particularly at home where a much bigger percentage of fans watch, haven't been as good as the expectations. 

7 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Missing me? I guess part of the problem is that DC came in like "William large testicles" criticising the squad and the infrastructure of the club. Then there was a lot of hype about "the process" and the mass clear out of "dead wood". Fans have returned from their enforced absence from watching live football and results, particularly at home where a much bigger percentage of fans watch, haven't been as good as the expectations. 

But what about yesterday? You’re on the match thread not the bloody moaning thread. 

17 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

What did you make of yesterday? strange how you don’t post after a win. 

Yes he criticised the squad. It was full of mainly crap players stealing a wage. Fact. So you'd have preferred he made out they were world beaters and given most of them new contracts to avoid upsetting the poor dears?

Yes he criticised the infrastructure. It has been neglected for decades. Fact. But you'd have preferred he'd made out everything was rosy and just got on with it, thinking only of himself for the limited time that he will be here?

Yes there is clearly a process. To improve the squad and the infrastructure. Performances in EVERY game this season have been more attacking, technically pleasing, skilful and entertaining than any game last season and, for that matter, the 3 seasons before (last 10 odd games of 2019 aside). But you expected more? Really? After 4 home games.

3 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

I dont want to jinx us but i think top 7 is the minimum we will finish- who has a better squad than us ive yet to see one. We are only going to get better i think once everything clicks and we find some consistency we will be closer to the top rather than pushing top seven at the end of the season

If we can bang in a run of 3 or 4 wins then the top 3 could be a possibility,then once you get in there we have to aim to stay there

Archived