onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

13 hours ago, valefan16 said:

I love the comment about us taking hardly any fans there (and apparently don’t get home fans either)…

Yep, who cares. You don't get any points for your home or away support... it's what the team did on the pitch that matters.

Advert

Garrity is fast becoming the find of the season. Great little player with a hell of an engine and an eye for goal. Proctor has already become the crucial striker in our 2 man partnership. How many of us would have called that? Pett is the important cog in the centre of our midfield. Worrall now quickly growing into the WB role. Many, many reasons to be optimistic and, as others have said, we now seem to actually have some value in the side. To those questioning the Matrix, and lazily quoting Pope when things don't go quite as planned, actually watch our games from this season and last. It's like night and day.

For me, Rodney was a huge plus. He terrified their defence at times and but for a bit of bad luck could easily have been on the scoresheet. In many ways, he bears out what Clarke keeps saying - that players are at this level because they are inconsistent. Rodney went from dire against Rochdale to being a real threat against Swindon (and for that matter Garrity was also a big improvement on his last game too). It's trying to harness those good performance on a regular basis that's the skill. I expect we'll see plenty more chopping and changing as Clarke tries to do that.

Having said that, perhaps the one area where there needs to be a more consistent selection is in defence. For me, in the absence of Legge, the trio of Cass, Smith and Jones is the best we have and I hope we stick with it for a few games. Cass has that ability to go forward and support Worrall, Smith is Mr Consistent, while Jones can strike a good pass and also brings his long throw to the side. I thought the three did pretty well against a dangerous Swindon attack.

5 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I know we are talking different leagues they were playing in but think of the type of player i mean but does anybody else think that Garrity has the potential to be our lower league Micky Cummins? he reminds me of him in a way

Oh for an other Micky Cummings! Gutted when he left! Scored so many goals at the back post. If Garrity can be as good then happy days! 

I know we are talking different leagues they were playing in but think of the type of player i mean but does anybody else think that Garrity has the potential to be our lower league Micky Cummins? he reminds me of him in a way
Garrity is surely only going to get better he seems to have stepped up 3 or 4 divisions with ease in the past year

Garrity is surely only going to get better he seems to have stepped up 3 or 4 divisions with ease in the past year
I hope so. I think the key to young players like him maintaining and actually improving, thereby moving up the pyramid in time, is ensuring that they don't come to the conclusion that they've made it already, and are too good for us. We've seen it before, the starkest examples being Ben Whitfield and Mitch Clark, both of whom became proper Billy Big Balls after their time with us

55 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Garrity came with a reputation from Warrington Town as being good in the air too - although we haven't seen that side of him yet!

He reminds me of Doug Loft - boundless energy and commitment!

10 hours ago, Hoppers said:

Thought covolans 2nd half save was world class - im wearing my "I Luv Lucas" Jim's jams tonight

😍😍 it's beginning to come good 👍👍👍

The Covolan haters need to get a grip. He's the type of keeper liable for an error in the sweeper keeper role. However he's crucified on here based on his bonkers week at Chesterfield and Northampton. 

FGR away he was immense, claimed everything. Rochdale he was blamed for a couple on here , extremely harsh in my opinion. 

Yesterday a couple of rash decisions, particularly in injury time with lack of communication with Jones but he also made the superb save you mentioned to keep it at 1-1 and on a couple of occasions did the sweeper keeper job excellently with great anticipation of a long ball. 

He's a good keeper and I really hope the fans can take to him . Probably some  people on here voted for him to be sponsored by OVF as he's a character are also now sticking the knife in. 

We have spluttered and stalled at times but 7 games in and with a great bench we are going to steadily be involved at the business end. I'm confident of that. 

Super Cov 

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

his bonkers week at Chesterfield and Northampton. 

Wasn't even a foul that Chesterfield one.

Doesn't matter to the ones who are blinded by an agenda though. 

The Wonder of You had a meltdown after Northampton. Genuinely calling for a 3rd keeper on emergency loan. Morons. 

5 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

The Covolan haters need to get a grip. He's the type of keeper liable for an error in the sweeper keeper role. However he's crucified on here based on his bonkers week at Chesterfield and Northampton. 

FGR away he was immense, claimed everything. Rochdale he was blamed for a couple on here , extremely harsh in my opinion. 

Yesterday a couple of rash decisions, particularly in injury time with lack of communication with Jones but he also made the superb save you mentioned to keep it at 1-1 and on a couple of occasions did the sweeper keeper job excellently with great anticipation of a long ball. 

He's a good keeper and I really hope the fans can take to him . Probably some  people on here voted for him to be sponsored by OVF as he's a character are also now sticking the knife in. 

We have spluttered and stalled at times but 7 games in and with a great bench we are going to steadily be involved at the business end. I'm confident of that. 

Super Cov 

Exactly this.

Vale fans need a scapegoat… unfortunately some aren’t smart enough to realise the negative impact that has on the club they are fans of.

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

Wasn't even a foul that Chesterfield one.

Doesn't matter to the ones who are blinded by an agenda though. 

The Wonder of You had a meltdown after Northampton. Genuinely calling for a 3rd keeper on emergency loan. Morons. 

Yes I think on the transfer thread on here before deadline day somebody wanted a keeper signed 😳

Just now, Iron Curtain said:

Exactly this.

Vale fans need a scapegoat… unfortunately some aren’t smart enough to realise the negative impact that has on the club they are fans of.

Was sad to hear Clarke mention Scapegoat in his interview after the game. 

Absolutely no need .

We all know an average show against Harrogate and some will boo at the end. Crazy. 

Watching back the highlights this morning it was nice to see the tactics play out.

They desperately wanted us to press them high all the time so they could play through us.

DCs tactics of not over committing past the initial press from Rodney or proctor worked really well.

We sat back and held a good shape until they approached the half way line and then the press was deactivated and we hunted in packs to snaffle a poor ball or individuals cutting out poor passes.

Then play through the middle until space appears out wide for Woz or Rodney to attack space.

Lovely Jubbly.

Archived