onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Mansfield in double trouble tonight… a loss to Walsall and Clough in danger of getting them docked 3 points because of the FAs controversial new “don’t be mean to players” rule.

Although he didn’t start speaking until the interviewer had finished every time. So apparently the FA are considering reducing the penalty to 2 points for being nice and polite… so that’s nice.

DC needs to be careful after his “deadwood” comment… rumours that some of our old players were really really really upset means our punishment could be raised to 6 points. 

Advert

Garrity's got a finish on him hasn't he?

Also shout out to Gibbons. Excellent anticipation and a quality effort that could easily have curled in that rebounded before the second.

It really is conspicuous who disappears off here the second we go in front. More than one. Comical. 

35 minutes ago, windsorvale4ever said:

Garrity is a different player now he's not sitting back he's superb around the box and looks like he's got an eye for a goal or 2.

I loved his attitude when he was interviewed, obviously understands what's required of a modern pro footballer.

Guest Vale at home
8 hours ago, blackdog said:

The coverage on RS has now become farcical, I cut them slack due to that lot down the road having a bigger fanbase, in my mind it would be ridiculous to have the same amount of coverage as them BUT the coverage tonight has been non existent and dare I say almost deliberate, Smith Johnson and Pejic all going on and on and on , I got the feeling that anything or anyone but don't mention Port Vale, I also know Carl only gets in touch when we lose but on my reckoning 50 minutes in before a mention is pushing the boundaries of fairness, come on Vale get promoted and embarrass them. 

Well said. 

7 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Mansfield in double trouble tonight… a loss to Walsall and Clough in danger of getting them docked 3 points because of the FAs controversial new “don’t be mean to players” rule.

Although he didn’t start speaking until the interviewer had finished every time. So apparently the FA are considering reducing the penalty to 2 points for being nice and polite… so that’s nice.

DC needs to be careful after his “deadwood” comment… rumours that some of our old players were really really really upset means our punishment could be raised to 6 points. 

Sorry, I’m not understanding this - is there a new rule and some punishment being awaited or am I suffering a humour bypass?

14 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

Sorry, I’m not understanding this - is there a new rule and some punishment being awaited or am I suffering a humour bypass?

No new rule… but I’m sure the FA may be considering it given how serious and important it seems to be to some on here. 😉

Given his cameo yesterday i will say this,if Gibbo can stay fit now it wont be long before the scouts start coming to watch him again as well as Rodders and at 24 if he keeps up playing how he is you could also add Garrity into that group along with Conlon 😮 we have players at the club with so much potential

That is the future that the matrix and Carol want to build here and i for one am happy to join in that journey..... onwards and upwards me owd fruits

Just a thought it does seem that there is quite a gulf between first and second division players, more than in the past! We have quite a good squad now but as last Saturday showed we cannot carry players, all need to on there game , hopefully with our squad we can get the consistency we will need to be up top. 

Archived