onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

I really hope people are starting to see the signs that there is definitely a decent team coming together that weve got. Its going to take time but i am really excited by our team and we are only going to get better. Swindon will be right up there end of the season so today was a really good result. 

UP THE VALE

28 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Also, credit to DC for getting the subs absolutely spot on today. Gibbons much more solid down the left and his shot off the post set up our winner. Lloyds pressing also had a hand in it

I think Gibbo will now be vying for Bennings place now,he has played left back for us before and played very well,he likes a shot and it will allow him to get a few off on that side.

Cant wait for Saturday again now,i just hope fans just dont judge Harrogate by name and say they should be easy teams like that,well they have started very well and haven't lost yet so bring it on but its a tough looking game imo

27 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Also, credit to DC for getting the subs absolutely spot on today. Gibbons much more solid down the left and his shot off the post set up our winner. Lloyds pressing also had a hand in it

And possibly the starting line up.  Dropping Martin for Cass give us some forward impetus, Rodders ran them ragged.  Oddly I thought that Proctor was the weak link.  Spent too much time complaining rather than trying for the 2nd ball, he may have been fouled in the build up but their centre halves were that bad that if he'd kept his concentration he'd have had a chance to win the ball back.  

7 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Interesting stats again for us:

Possession 

Swindon 60:40 Vale

Shots

Swindon 11:12 Vale

On target 

Swindon 5:7 Vale

Corners

Swindon 3:12 Vale

Starting to look a bit more efficient if not yet clinical 🙂

Makes you wonder what it will be like when it all clicks 🙂 

And possibly the starting line up.  Dropping Martin for Cass give us some forward impetus, Rodders ran them ragged.  Oddly I thought that Proctor was the weak link.  Spent too much time complaining rather than trying for the 2nd ball, he may have been fouled in the build up but their centre halves were that bad that if he'd kept his concentration he'd have had a chance to win the ball back.  

Can't disagree with most of that, but have to say that if you're going to pull up Proctor for that, then you have to do the same for Rodney when he got clean through and shot from outside the box. Keeper parried it back out and Rodney could easily have got to it but he was too busy holding his head in his hands at the save!

I really hope people are starting to see the signs that there is definitely a decent team coming together that weve got. Its going to take time but i am really excited by our team and we are only going to get better. Swindon will be right up there end of the season so today was a really good result. 

UP THE VALE
To be fair, most have already seen that. It's just the loudest, oddest few who either haven't or refuse to acknowledge it

Archived