onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

12 hours ago, Joe B said:

He dives for both and, inevitably, doesn't get there. Unfortunately his 2 games of madness will be held against him for a long time by some fans.

Yeah, sadly first impressions count. Worst possible game of the season to get sent off.

Advert

Until Covalan makes a couple of howlers, there are players playing every game who should be up for rotation before him.

After Northampton he hasn't done much wrong and even if he has made a little error, he got away with it.

Brown wasn't perfect even when he was in his best season, and no keeper ever will be.

Even from what I've seen so far, (keeping in mind I expect him to settle, gain confidence and improve across the board via DC and the staff) he has a lot of better attributes than Brown even in 2nd gear.

Having a personality isn't a bad thing, and if that accentuates any errors he makes it doesn't make them bigger mistakes.

It's easy to forget the clean sheets after a bad defensive display, but they are still relevant.

11 hours ago, LancyTony said:

And...he's not Scott Brown, who has never aged and whose ability never waned...apparently?

Scott Brown was a top keeper for us and kept us in the football league. I’m quite sure the majority of fans thought this and also thought his performances dropped last season and was rightly released  

On early showing Covolan has a long way to go to be at the level that Brown was. And I do; to another post earlier, think at the time we signed Brown (from a side just promoted out of the division) was one of, if not the best keeper in the league. I certainly don’t remember seeing many better that season? 

People aren’t criticising Covolan because he isn’t Scott Brown. There have been genuine reasons to criticise him. Two red cards in two games, the should have been penalty at Stevenage. 

Anyway, I fancy a win tomorrow. I think we will be a better side away from home this season and even against such a bogey side I fancy a comfortable win, similar to forest green. Rodney to score as well. 

Do people actually realise that his first red card was in a friendly that meant absolutely nothing, for one, and that it shouldn't even have been a sending off? I don't recall people blaming Stone for the penalty against Sunderland, given that it clearly shouldn't have been a penalty, and holding it against him like this?

We have a team largely built up of inconsistent second division players. If as last week a large proportion were not at it then we are in trouble. If all are firing then we will be OK we are just not good enough to carry anyone. Let’s hope last week was a blip and we can be a bit more up for it Saturday, after many disappointments at Swindon I would love to give them a going over. After all Swindon’s problems you have to give them respect for how well they have done so far. Come on Vale let’s get at them for 90 mins plus and bring home the three points. 

Looking forwards to this .

After just listening to Dcs press conference I believe him  that's how I feel watching this new team only matter of time before the wins start coming regularly in my opinion .

Enjoy the  game travelling Valiants .

Team well who knows wish I knew it  but lets hope Worrall makes it and if he doesn't then with that marvellous switch of ball we do maybe his replacement can obtain the shirt for a while if he impresses whoever it may be DCs knows the rest of us will have to wait and see till 14.00 tomoz 

2 hours ago, SFBT said:

I'm quietly hopeful about Swindon.
I really think we are building a decent team and last week was a lesson to be learned from.
A repeat of FGR is the answer.

I think we're a good away team, but not yet as good at home.

Exactly, don’t get down about Rochdale, remember how good we were at FGR and take that into the game. There isn’t anyone to fear in this league and I’ll be expecting to beat Bradford away and any other team.

I do think we’ll lose tomorrow, Swindon is just that sort of ground. Of course I hope I’m wrong and the lads come out desperate to make amends for last week.

I have to say - and this is from somebody who has been negative on certain tactical aspects - some of the posts on here have been utterly ridiculous.

Nobody has been booing the team as far as I can tell, apart from one or two utter loons that even the likes of Man City or Liverpool get, so why set up a thread on the subject?

Likewise Devante Rodney. Yes, he had a shocker vs Rochdale, but worthy of its own thread singling him out like public enemy No 1???

Oh wait, that’s Covolan of course. The same keeper who, from my vantage point in the Bycars, had no chance with the 1st or 2nd and was hardly the main culprit for the 3rd.l, who has also pulled off blinding saves in some of the other games. And calling for a change in keeper on the back of it….. WTF????

1 minute ago, mattpvfc said:

2-0 Swindon I'm afraid

I'm more afraid,3-0, I'm afraid. Be chuffed at owt better but fear this is DC's wake up call. Hope I'm wrong and all can rub my nose in it ... I also predict Ronaldo to totally mess things up at man.u with his monster ego upsetting th'apple cart. 

Archived