onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

5 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

They can still only bring 3 on though...

Thought it was five subs you can bring on to be honest if the 11 are doing there job well you do not or shouldn't have change anyone .

Think last sat the two half time subs were uncalled for as we could have repeated the first 15 second half as the  first plus Jones and his long throw eventually its going bear fruit at some point .

UTV 

6 hours ago, The French Connection said:

Certainly the first, and arguably the second as well. 

The highlights make it look like Covolan could've done more for the first and the third, but in real time in the ground he had no chance. Particularly with the 1st which was fizzed across and he had no chance with. I'd have liked to have seen him come and take everything for the 3rd, but that would've risked giving away a peno and potentially another red - which he can ill afford from a personal perspective.

10 hours ago, philmpv said:
10 hours ago, The French Connection said:
Certainly the first, and arguably the second as well. 

How on earth was he responsible for the first?

I sit about 10 rows back to the right of the goal in the Bycars . Was almost slow motion. I had a perfect view . 

It was a quality placed header , as you say he wasn't responsible.

He had little chance. 

21 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I sit about 10 rows back to the right of the goal in the Bycars . Was almost slow motion. I had a perfect view . 

It was a quality placed header , as you say he wasn't responsible.

He had little chance. 

I thought that at the time from my seat almost centre of the paddock, someone behind me moaned about Covolan not saving it.  I 'corrected' them at the time.

Problem Lucas has is he seems to dive even when there's little chance he gets to the shot. It makes it look worse.

If he's rooted for either goal no one bats an eyelid. It's an unmarked bottom corner header for the first and a crashing header from 8 yards out for the second.

He dives for both and, inevitably, doesn't get there. Unfortunately his 2 games of madness will be held against him for a long time by some fans.

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Problem Lucas has is he seems to dive even when there's little chance he gets to the shot. It makes it look worse.

If he's rooted for either goal no one bats an eyelid. It's an unmarked bottom corner header for the first and a crashing header from 8 yards out for the second.

He dives for both and, inevitably, doesn't get there. Unfortunately his 2 games of madness will be held against him for a long time by some fans.

And...he's not Scott Brown, who has never aged and whose ability never waned...apparently?

10 hours ago, LancyTony said:

And...he's not Scott Brown, who has never aged and whose ability never waned...apparently?

Brown was a good keeper for 1-2 years but I think the fact he was a nice bloke helped him a lot in terms of fan's opinion.

Never has an unproven axiom taken hold in the fanbase as strongly as 'Scott Brown is the best keeper in the league'. No idea where that notion came from and why everyone believed it. 

11 hours ago, Joe B said:

And the fact that he isn’t Scott Brown. 

Archived