Match Thread: Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

19 hours ago, theresonlyonemcphee said:

Covolan

Gibbons Martin Smith Jones

Amoo Pett Conlon Politic

Proctor Wilson

Assuming Woz injured, otherwise I’d keep him in and play Amoo over Wilson up front

Have i missed something? Worrall injury ?

Tried looking on The Lardinel but it's a match report against Forest in a friendly !!! 

1 hour ago, theresonlyonemcphee said:

He could barely walk for the last 20 mins or so against Rochdale but we’d used all our subs

As you say he got clattered in a tackle and was struggling there on.

Very difficult decision to make three early subs and hope for no injuries.

Thinking back to last sat is there any way we could play Walker  Pett Garrity and Conlon because while watching I observed that there number 8 was having a easy afternoon going unchallenged for a lot of it and I was thinking go and drop one of our midfield lads on him limiting his impact on the game we never did and he possession wise for them got there game going however if we stuck one of our four on him and restricted him then I  feel that there would have been no  way back into the game for them the fact it happened from 15 minute to 90 worried me somewhat we have to react quicker than that with good leadership on the pitch or the manager stopping that from occurring in my opinion .

So lots of things to ponder could Conlon play off Proctor as his high energy press could be the ticket however that means no Wilson lots to ponder though as maybe giving up half the pitch at times is not going suit us especially if defend so poorly yet again in future games ,it happened far too many times last season in my opinion .

So high press and not allowing the opposition string any passes together and that starts from the front I think with the players we are more than capable of giving Conlon licence to shoot and roam .

That's what I like about this squad and we haven't played Politic yet and he can beat a man allegedly or Amoo who I have always liked why because he is positive and he can score but no good scoring if hand easy possession and momentum to the opposition. 

UTV 

Archived