onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

I think we going surprise a lot of teams away, I think as Rochdale won there first ever game at Vale park the other day there's no reason why we cannot after a full week no midweek games this week for us either  beat Swindon as the eleven will be fresh and ready to go the last week was our downfall should have possibly kept the same team that won so well at Forest Green ok Conlons a good player in phases of games but in the games he missed we didn't lose a one and were the better side in all of them so the case for the lad being reinstated in place of one of the others is not in my opinion worked.

I mean while I was drinking my one beer before the game I overheard a bloke say the performance at forest Green was the  best he had seen since the Rudge years and for twenty mins I thought wow he is right then the last 70 was like Gannon had took over or sinnott alarming poor at times but I've got faith in DC sort it lad let's have them 3 points and a Rudge in the 90s display again if it means putting Conlon back on the bench do so 

UTV 

4 minutes ago, connor hackett said:

Despite what radio stoke listeners think, this Vale side is capable of beating anybody in this league away from home. I don't buy into this " We never win there " nonsense. Resounding 0-3 scoreline coming in Saturday.

Most of those don't even go to the game.

They form their opinions off Facebook or a brief snippet here and there. 

The first 20 minutes v Rochdale showed we can play at a higher level than League 2 going forward. But then when things are going less well, the defensive side must be there to soak up pressure. And it wasn't. I don't think Rochdale had many chances, but they took them a mix of good build up play and crossing but our defending was woeful and in my opinion Brown would have stopped one, maybe two of their goals. So we have a keeper issue as well. He needs to be an actually good keeper as well as good with distribution. 

So the improvement for Swindon is obvious. But we are in big trouble if Martin isn't good in the air and he was lamentable against Rochdale. I expect Smith to get beaten in the air quite a lot but he offers other defensive aspects which make it tolerable. But Martin is replacing Legge as the main dude heading stuff out and he absolutely must be dominant over the centre forward and in front of goal. 

20 hours ago, connor hackett said:

Despite what radio stoke listeners think, this Vale side is capable of beating anybody in this league away from home. I don't buy into this " We never win there " nonsense. Resounding 0-3 scoreline coming in Saturday.

and the commentators. made Stevenage sound like Man City for passing the ball out of defence.

Archived