onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Swindon Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

A visit to Swindon, who sit in 4th place with 3 wins and 1 defeat from 6 games, not known as a happy hunting ground for the Vale.  We look to have the makings of a 20- goal scorer in Proctor, but defensive frailties cost us points against Rochdale. Will we revert to a tighter organised defence or rely on early goals to grab the points and maintain confidence?  Change of players or establish better communications? Satisfied with a draw, games not getting any  easier yet, maybe a tougher league than usual?

Advert

I've come to the conclusion that leaving Walker out was the root cause of yesterday's outcome.
Great to have 3 attack minded mids, which doubtless led to the excellent start.
Once that, inevitably, faded, we didn't have that stability to stop Rochdale's forays.
Hence an exposed back line who, as a consequence made mistakes.
That's what happens when you are under pressure.
So Walker has to be the first name on the team sheet.

26 minutes ago, Beech said:

Covolan

Gibbons

Smith

Martin

Jones

Walker

Garrity

Conlon

Politic

Worrall

Proctor

Subs: Stone, Johnson, Cass, Amos, Pett, Amoo, Wilson

Yeah. I'd start Amoo though despite Politic' reputation, his lack of match sharpness vs Amoo looking up for it so far this season.

Politic is also naturally a RW, not sure of his strength on his left so there's an argument there too to switch Worrall to the left given his bags of experience switching flanks easily. 

4 minutes ago, Doha said:

Yeah. I'd start Amoo though despite Politic' reputation, his lack of match sharpness vs Amoo looking up for it so far this season.

Politic is also naturally a RW, not sure of his strength on his left so there's an argument there too to switch Worrall to the left given his bags of experience switching flanks easily. 

I'm all for Amoo starting. I just want to see Politic sooner or later, even if it's from the bench for 20-25 minutes. Putting Worrall back where he's best, which is as a wide player and not a wing-back, and get Conlon getting forward from midfield as much as possible, knowing Walker and Pett/Garrity are behind him. That seems the way to go for me, especially away from home. A front four when we're attacking of Proctor, Amoo, Worrall and Conlon should cause any side problems in this league.

Right let's see how we go with this team after watching yesterday I think it could work a treat in future games at home especially .

Covalan 

Gibbons Johnson Martin Jones 

Garrity Pett Walker 

Amoo Proctor Worrall (or politic )

Out go Smith Benning Wilson Conlon (bit controversial that but our best performance of the season came with the 3 I've chosen in there .

Worrall will hit them from the left along with Jones and Gibbons and Amoo will hit them from the right ,put Johnson in the place he played well for Hartlepool in .

Plenty of options use them the defence which was superb v Forest Green was poor yesterday so I'd be changing a few of them for sure .

On the bench time to use politic at some point bring Conlon on for Pett at some point and bring Smith on at some point for Gibbons .

The bench will be interesting to say the least .

But that's what I'd go with no square pegs in holes 4 -3 -3 as if I watching that yesterday (the game back that is )I'd be telling Worrall and Amoo gamble on Proctor winning the ball as he won it I reckon 15 times yesterday and Wilson and Rodney were not gambling they were too slow to react in the mind be on it smash it home .

UTV 

I will be surprised if Worrall starts. He went down after a tackle midway through the second half and as we had already made the permitted three substitutes he had to stay on and only contributed with passes and no runs which he would normally do. I expect Politic to start in his place with the rest of the team being the ones who started against FGR.

2 hours ago, rayzer said:

I will be surprised if Worrall starts. He went down after a tackle midway through the second half and as we had already made the permitted three substitutes he had to stay on and only contributed with passes and no runs which he would normally do. I expect Politic to start in his place with the rest of the team being the ones who started against FGR.

Fortunately we have lots of out and out wingers to replace him and provide width, crosses and overlap.

Archived