onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

staying away because of covid

mr burslem

26 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Just out of interest how do you stand on the searches in the current climate of infection rate? I was searched yesterday just before entering the paddock by a steward who was right in my face so to speak with no mask or gloves(can you refuse the search) although i think i was more in danger of being knocked out by his breath and BO 😮 

That’s a fair point , especially as you say in the current climate.

Advert

52 minutes ago, Conrad said:

That’s a fair point , especially as you say in the current climate.

great point conrad, i can understand searching a gang of yobs for flares knives etc, but no 71 year old season ticket holder even to shaking my coat around  i let him do it then searched him !!!!!!!!!!! he was not wearing gloves either. i object to being searched without good reason, i shall throw me pension book at him next time. carol-please sort them out.

10 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

great point conrad, i can understand searching a gang of yobs for flares knives etc, but no 71 year old season ticket holder even to shaking my coat around  i let him do it then searched him !!!!!!!!!!! he was not wearing gloves either. i object to being searched without good reason, i shall throw me pension book at him next time. carol-please sort them out.

Really naffs me off, I could understand searching yobbish looking lads but when it’s pensioners ( I’ve only got just over 2 years to go) makes no sense whatsoever, or is it us oldies are seen as the easy option.

Putting the older generation at risk if you ask me searching with no gloves or mask

I go with my 13yr old lad and under normal circumstances i have no objection at all but at this moment at time when the club say act sensibly with your distance etc at the games,surely this doesn't help?

On 01/09/2021 at 21:11, toyahw said:

There are others on here who have more experience than me with this Mr Burslem as it is not actually a problem for me. e.g, TJHValiant  for example and I hope he does not mind me mentioning his name.

Let me make clear I'm not encouraging T+C breaking here. But yeah, if you want to go but can't, why not be able to watch the game and send a few shillings the club's way?

No problem. The best way I have used is the I Pad,  I follow App and Pure VPN. 

Some VPNs can be poor as they are slow or will kick you out, but Pure VPN has so many servers around the world, it is impossible to find one that I follow would not accept. 

I always switch on the Pure VPN App first, see the connection in the top right hand corner, then load the I follow App. 

In my case there was no faffing around with registering an account abroad or a bank account abroad, I just used my long time UK account to buy a video pass from the official site once the VPN was switched on.  

The club has been given an additional sum of £140 for a season it otherwise would not have and I will still be going to about 6-10 home league  games and at least that away. The only reason I don’t go to more is distance and work. 

14 hours ago, Conrad said:

Really naffs me off, I could understand searching yobbish looking lads but when it’s pensioners ( I’ve only got just over 2 years to go) makes no sense whatsoever, or is it us oldies are seen as the easy option.

the great oap rebellion of 2021! build us a monument!😄

16 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Just out of interest how do you stand on the searches in the current climate of infection rate? I was searched yesterday just before entering the paddock by a steward who was right in my face so to speak with no mask or gloves(can you refuse the search) although i think i was more in danger of being knocked out by his breath and BO 😮 

This is a great point and I personally feel let down by the club again on my entry to the ground. Seems they’re more interested in their fan zone, which will come to an end when the weather changes. Good PA system though on Saturday and fantastic memorial so well done to PVFC on that front. I still wear my mask in the ground, I think I’m in the minority but each to their own. I’ve recently had two double jabbed relatives test positive from going to a local club to see a group

13 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Putting the older generation at risk if you ask me searching with no gloves or mask

I go with my 13yr old lad and under normal circumstances i have no objection at all but at this moment at time when the club say act sensibly with your distance etc at the games,surely this doesn't help?

Two years ago, on a Tuesday night against the cat A hooligan might of travelling Forest Green Rovers supporters, I saw stewards outside the railway demand to search the bag of an old woman who had difficulty with mobility. They then patted her down.

I then saw them pat down two kids before taking a tub of ice cream off them. I saw it from somewhat of a distance but should have gone up to say something at that point and I regret not intervening in these two meek kids effectively being bullied by some sadact jobsworth who definitely would have ended up eating it round the corner. 

Sounds like there are still issues two years later.

Some of the ones at Vale seem to believe they are airport security for some reason. This isn’t a great match day experience Carol which I know you’re all about.

1 hour ago, Doha said:

Two years ago, on a Tuesday night against the cat A hooligan might of travelling Forest Green Rovers supporters, I saw stewards outside the railway demand to search the bag of an old woman who had difficulty with mobility. They then patted her down.

I then saw them pat down two kids before taking a tub of ice cream off them. I saw it from somewhat of a distance but should have gone up to say something at that point and I regret not intervening in these two meek kids effectively being bullied by some sadact jobsworth who definitely would have ended up eating it round the corner. 

Sounds like there are still issues two years later.

Some of the ones at Vale seem to believe they are airport security for some reason. This isn’t a great match day experience Carol which I know you’re all about.

It’s actually illegal for them to search kids.

They were searching bags at the Bycars turnstile but it appeared to be no more than a cursory glance from what I saw.  Friendly staff, mainly female for what it’s worth, being abused by the odd obnoxious OAP who didn’t want anyone looking at his sandwiches. Two sides to every coin.

3 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

This is a great point and I personally feel let down by the club again on my entry to the ground. Seems they’re more interested in their fan zone, which will come to an end when the weather changes. Good PA system though on Saturday and fantastic memorial so well done to PVFC on that front. I still wear my mask in the ground, I think I’m in the minority but each to their own. I’ve recently had two double jabbed relatives test positive from going to a local club to see a group

PA system at the Bycars End still problematic despite the new speakers.Cuts out when announcing substitutes!!Doesn't help when the scoreboard is limited as well.

3 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

They were searching bags at the Bycars turnstile but it appeared to be no more than a cursory glance from what I saw.  Friendly staff, mainly female for what it’s worth, being abused by the odd obnoxious OAP who didn’t want anyone looking at his sandwiches. Two sides to every coin.

Tbf if the same dirty one tries search me while  breathing in my face with no mask or gloves he might get some abuse off me,as i said in normal circumstances i have no objection but imo doing this puts elderly and others at risk right now,maybe its just me.... oh well

Archived