onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

staying away because of covid

mr burslem

Hi, all.

I'm a long-time s/t holder who chooses not to come to games right now, because of the covid situation and an older, vulnerable family member. During lockdown I had ifollow, but ifollow now don't screen most games, and I'm looking for a way - paid is fine! - to watch our games. Is there a way? I'm not very techno-savvy, but as you can imagine, i'm willing to learn! any help gratefully received.

Advert

i-follow is always available for league matches. Sat I believe it is available in the UK as it is international weekend. Costs you a tenner. Other weekends it not strictly allowed in the UK, but is abroad. So this does not affect me. But, there is a way around this which is using a VPN, which you can download. Most of the decent ones cost a small amount a year.

The VPN basically puts you through a server abroad. So makes it look like you are abroad and or hides your true location. There is nothing illegal about using a VPN.  WRT i-follow you would technically be violating their T+C's, maybe. I don't actually remember filling in my address when I renewed, although it would be fine in my case.

It appears to me that i-follow are at this time hardly bothering with regional restrictions as it is so easy to get around. Could change. But if you go by this route you are not defrauding anyone.  I have the same problem all the time trying to watch cricket from NL. 

16 minutes ago, mr burslem said:

Thanks, Toyah! Right now windows 10 appears to be blocking VPN, but I'll work something out. game on Saturday's ok for ifollow, as you say, so I've got time to sort it out. UTV!

There are others on here who have more experience than me with this Mr Burslem as it is not actually a problem for me. e.g, TJHValiant  for example and I hope he does not mind me mentioning his name.

Let me make clear I'm not encouraging T+C breaking here. But yeah, if you want to go but can't, why not be able to watch the game and send a few shillings the club's way?

28 minutes ago, mr burslem said:

Thanks, Toyah! Right now windows 10 appears to be blocking VPN, but I'll work something out. game on Saturday's ok for ifollow, as you say, so I've got time to sort it out. UTV!

I'm on Windows 10 and use NordVPN, I watched the FGR game from home.  If you do look to purchase a VPN take a look at the cashback sites and don't pay the full price for them,

3 hours ago, mr burslem said:

Hi, all.

I'm a long-time s/t holder who chooses not to come to games right now, because of the covid situation and an older, vulnerable family member. During lockdown I had ifollow, but ifollow now don't screen most games, and I'm looking for a way - paid is fine! - to watch our games. Is there a way? I'm not very techno-savvy, but as you can imagine, i'm willing to learn! any help gratefully received.

There's absolutely no need to stay away.  You can isolate quite easily in the Railway side of Bycars, you're about as socially distanced there as it's possible to be.

If you're worried about/don't want to use a VPN, you can also watch pretty much all midweek games on iFollow in the UK for a tenner. No VPN required as it's allowed under FL rules. That's home and away midweek games and FLT games. The blackout only covers weekend games. As others have said, this weekend's game is also available as the blackout doesn't apply during International breaks.

I've used the midweek one a fair bit myself as due to my location it's not practical to travel up and down in midweek after my work. 

I can fully understand mr Burslem ‘s concerns, however as others have said there’s loads of space in the Bycars whereby you could sit with no one within several metres of you.

my self, I’ve not been to any away games as I think sitting on a coach for 5 or 6 hours with 50 others is a big risk, also I don’t go the pub before the home games like I would normally do.

Just out of interest how do you stand on the searches in the current climate of infection rate? I was searched yesterday just before entering the paddock by a steward who was right in my face so to speak with no mask or gloves(can you refuse the search) although i think i was more in danger of being knocked out by his breath and BO 😮 

Archived