Match Thread: Port Vale v Rochdale

Fosse69

Advert:

16 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I’ve never understood why a team should automatically stay the same after a win. We should pick our best side and our best side to beat today’s opposition. Conlon to come into the side for me in place of Walker. 

This is what I'd do tbh. Conlon for Walker. Garrity has performed excellently in the past 3 games, so should keep his place.

Edited by Platty's Tassels

It's been a very good week, with things looking like they're falling into place.

With so many changes, it's no surprise that it's taking a while.

It could be argued that it's been really quick.

A win has made all the difference to the mood of the fan base.

But anything can happen, and Rochdale also seem to be settling.

I'm expecting an entertaining game, with Dale more than equal to us.

A win would be excellent, but any other result would be just another game.

No need for a meltdown if we don't win.

• Thanks 1

Advert:

Reading between the lines of DC's interviews, he's not a fan of picking unchanged teams, based on the last game. Every game is different, and every opponent has different strengths and weaknesses. He seems to pick his sides based on what he wants to exploit or defend against. Nobody is guaranteed a start, that's why he's assembled a more flexible squad. I'm all in favour of it, keeps players on their toes.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Rory said:
2 hours ago, valiant_593 said:
I’ve never understood why a team should automatically stay the same after a win. We should pick our best side and our best side to beat today’s opposition. Conlon to come into the side for me in place of Walker. 

Pope on the Ale and Vale podcast reckons Montano said had to leave when Dazzler came in because he couldn't deal with not keeping his place if we had won.

Is that what he said? I thought Montano figured Clarke had released him once before and he didn't fancy sitting about hoping he'd make a different decision the second time around.

Advert:

39 minutes ago, Rory said:
1 hour ago, Wrex said:
Is that what he said? I thought Montano figured Clarke had released him once before and he didn't fancy sitting about hoping he'd make a different decision the second time around.

Yeah, he said Montano told him he had to leave for his mental health because with Dazzler you can win and then find yourself sat in the stand the next week.

In Monty’s case he was probably in the stand because he’d pulled his hamstring. 

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Platty's Tassels said:

No Gibbons on the bench

Surprised at that because he was definitely one of our best players Tuesday, but I got the impression from Clarke’s interview yesterday that he’s going to be careful with him and not play him much just yet. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Surprised at that because he was definitely one of our best players Tuesday, but I got the impression from Clarke’s interview yesterday that he’s going to be careful with him and not play him much just yet. 

Or Clarke may just think he has better options? 

Advert: