Match Thread: Port Vale v Rochdale

Fosse69

I know it’s early doors but I think tomorrow is a massive game. We really need to get that 1st home win so the team don’t feel pressure at home and to start building momentum by winning back to back games.

As good as last weeks win at FGR was it means nothing if we don’t take 3 points against Rochdale.

• Like 3

No pressure then! We are desperate for a home win and the sooner it comes the better, Rochdale are no mugs so we need all eleven to be at 100%. In the league we are not conceding as much so if we can find our shooting boots we should be ok. 

1 hour ago, philmpv said:

Is that get in or is that just for food drinks etc in the kiosk or is the turnstile to get in .

Just for the food and drinks refreshments etc I'm getting  from that however surely if it was for just the  kiosk then what you going pay for things in other parts of the ground etc as I am sure you will have to pay with cash or card so that sounds to me its for the casual fan to get in the ground lol .

COVOLAN by the way the player I missed out on earlier 

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner

The team is playing well and considering the clean sheets only to then let in three without Walker and on the form being shown by Garrity then both Conlon and Gibbons can sit it out for another week and maybe try and get 90 minutes in a reserve game before being in contention....no need to rush 'em back and risk a set back.

Still got the likes of Stone/Johnson/Cass/Amoo/Hurst/Rodney/Lloyd.....and Conlon/Gibbons/Politic/Taylor plus possibly Amos to get involved....what a squad.

5 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

My team .

Cass Smith Martin 

Gibbons                 Jones 

Walker Pett Garrity 

Wilson Proctor 

That's me team bench is super strong also 

Stone Amoo Conlon Worrall Poilitic Johnson Benning 

Think Gibbons especially at home goes past players a bit better than Wozza does ,Jones quality from the left is superb of what I have witnessed so your attacking two halfs causing havoc with Cass being the centre half who after setting up both goals with  a very impressive go for it attitude the other night I feel deserves regular starts he is quality .

Not bothered who DC picks lets play with intensity and win the game 

My one disappointment this season is that Breadwinners team selections are actually rather good... only slightly on the innovative side of things but definitely not as radical as I d like....

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MBE said:

I know it’s early doors but I think tomorrow is a massive game. We really need to get that 1st home win so the team don’t feel pressure at home and to start building momentum by winning back to back games.

As good as last weeks win at FGR was it means nothing if we don’t take 3 points against Rochdale.

Keep the faith, our Golden Year,up the Vale 

To be honest what this defending lark play this team.

Covalan 

Worrall Walker Pett Jones 

Amoo Garrity Conlon Benning 

Wilson Proctor .

Realised on me other team i picked no Rodney in  first 11 or on bench wow we are a strong squad to be honest he is a match winner but is out of the game more than in  the game in games ive watched needs to improve his overall play and be more hardworking in my opinion 

We have seem to have assembled a good squad with competition for places and interchangeability. The team that won at Forrest Green has the right to start? Unless they have a 7 foot 8 centre forward or a winger that does 100m in 7 seconds etc. when tactical adjustment may be justified. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

To be honest what this defending lark play this team.

Covalan 

Worrall Walker Pett Jones 

Amoo Garrity Conlon Benning 

Wilson Proctor .

Realised on me other team i picked no Rodney in  first 11 or on bench wow we are a strong squad to be honest he is a match winner but is out of the game more than in  the game in games ive watched needs to improve his overall play and be more hardworking in my opinion 

Yes! Vintage stuff. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Platty's Tassels said:

Really looking forward to seeing what team DC picks tomorrow. Really cant remember us having a squad like this where whoever comes in,  I'm more than happy with. Roll on tomorrow, cant wait!

Yep same here, my guess is it’ll be almost the same as at FGR but with Conlon coming in for probably Garrity (who will be really unlucky if that happens but it’s the benefit of having such as a good squad).

Obviously allowing for the game situation I would love it if could we get Politic out on the pitch at some point today. Am pretty excited to see him play.

I was a little worried with the amount of changes before the FGR game but hey it worked! It does seem as a club we can make the changes without disrupting the system, I suppose now more than ever it’s truly a squad game. I would not like to have to pick the team but as said very difficult to change much after last week.The old ethos of got the shirt then keep it! 

Same start as last week. Got to be. But the likes of Cass, Gibbo, Conlon etc., not are these players pushing hard for a starting position in the team but what strength we have on the bench alongside the likes of Amoo, Politic, Rodders etc. The signs are good. UTV.

• Like 1